Magna EFI on 4G52?

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
ddt

Magna EFI on 4G52?

Post by ddt »

how does say the Magna EFI system work? could you make it work on a 2L astron by say changing injectors or fudging a sensor?
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
Billsy

Re: Magna EFI on 4G52?

Post by Billsy »

if you make it fit, it will run fine as its AFM based fuelling.

the issue youll have is the ignition map is for the 2.6 so will have more timing, you may have to run 98octane fuel as a minimum
Insert witty one liner here -->
HEMI26

Post by HEMI26 »

Billsy wrote:if you make it fit, it will run fine as its AFM based fuelling.

the issue youll have is the ignition map is for the 2.6 so will have more timing, you may have to run 98octane fuel as a minimum

wat do you mean by more timing? will the computer run more in advance? couldnt you retard it? and i usally use 98 in all my cars aswell

I've been looking at doing this to for a cheap daily, as my exel got 450ks from $45 and in need of a cheap running daily soon and would rather drive a sigi than another xl or somthig like that
Current Cars
-GJ Scorpo Turbo (Current Project)
-VQ SV90 #098 (Finished)
-74 RX3 12A Coupe (13B Extend Port)
-HR31 Passage GT (New daily) 4 Sale inbox for details

Some Old cars
-RX8
-VQ (Slammed on 19's)
-GL Scorpo (Immac std 58000ks)
-GK Scorpo N/A H/C (RIP 146.8rwhp)
woops

Post by woops »

The thing with the excel is that they are only about 900 kg's vs the sigma 1200 or so kg's If you wanted fuel economy then i would suggest chucking an excel motor into a galant or lancer. It would probably end up being an exercise of false economy though. The work involved in making everything work would take a lot of driving to make it worthwhile for economy. You might be better off going for a galant with a standard engine instead but if you've got a sigma already then why not go for it. You might be able to combat the issues when they arise with any fuelling and ignition problems. Or you could just go for a megasquirt ECU but after that goes in it'd take years to actually make enough fuel saving to pay off the ECU.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
HEMI26

Post by HEMI26 »

hey man cheers for the info

i should of put more details up as im aware a 2l sigi is gunna cost more than a xl to run, a xl is 950kgs and i was thinkin a sigi was about 1100-1200kgs as my scorp's are 1100kgs.
but at the end of the day its gunna cost less to run than a 5l, v6, 13b or worked 2.6 which cost more than 50 a week to get to work n back and ill like driving it (H) ive had mi eyes on a gk sigma around the corner which is up for grabs as i get my licence back soon so no more bus lol

i was woundering how the 2L will mess with the map senser with the timing and how to retard the timing for the 2l if possible only doin a chip or remap with out getting a after market ecu cheers
Current Cars
-GJ Scorpo Turbo (Current Project)
-VQ SV90 #098 (Finished)
-74 RX3 12A Coupe (13B Extend Port)
-HR31 Passage GT (New daily) 4 Sale inbox for details

Some Old cars
-RX8
-VQ (Slammed on 19's)
-GL Scorpo (Immac std 58000ks)
-GK Scorpo N/A H/C (RIP 146.8rwhp)