Super charger for 4g54

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
bianc2424

Super charger for 4g54

Post by bianc2424 »

Has anyone tried this before? i have a 88 montero with a 4g54 engine and i wanted to try a super charger? any recommendations as what kind to use? was thinking of maybe using a sc14 toyota super charger from a 1G-Gze or a eaton m90. thoughts? ideas? opinions? thanks all
shuggy

Re: Super charger for 4g54

Post by shuggy »

there is a 4g54 supercharger kit on ebay at the moment
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

buy mine
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
genius

Post by genius »

bianc2424 wrote:Has anyone tried this before? i have a 88 montero with a 4g54 engine and i wanted to try a super charger? any recommendations as what kind to use? was thinking of maybe using a sc14 toyota super charger from a 1G-Gze or a eaton m90. thoughts? ideas? opinions? thanks all
They really dont punch hard like turbochargers can. I had a SC commodore and it was slow. Used a heap more fuel and just didn't cut it. Even with a smaller pulley to up the boost and a chip still the things are nothing on turbo engines.
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

genius wrote: I had a SC commodore and it was slow. Used a heap more fuel and just didn't cut it. Even with a smaller pulley to up the boost and a chip still the things are nothing on turbo engines.
What did you expect... its a supercharged moo motor
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust