1977 No Fuel Return Solution

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
Jailjubic

1977 No Fuel Return Solution

Post by Jailjubic »

I own an LC (1979) and an LB (1977) Chrysler Lancers. I've just hooked up the carby from the LC into the older LB and discovered that the LB doesn't seem to have a fuel return line, which is requires. What are my options? Ideally I don't want to install a new line. I've heard of people using splitters to reroute the fuel back to the fuel line. I also considered using the tank breather line as a new fuel return but I'm unsure if that would be smart or stupid. Supposedly people have blocked their fuel returns but I'm also unsure if that is a bad idea.

Anyone have any suggestions or their own experiences? Thanks in advance.
JimmyG

Re: 1977 No Fuel Return Solution

Post by JimmyG »

Start up a WTB thread for a fuel line off crusher car and run it along side your current line. Its already bent to shape and will cost bugger all. Do it once. Do it right!
Cars: 95 Wrx, 77 Galant, 73 Galant.
Jailjubic

Post by Jailjubic »

No need, the LC is a donor car, I can use its fuel return line. Except modifying the fuel tank will be a pain.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I did the same thing years ago, I swapped the fuel lines and the tank over to solve the problem.
Don't use the breather line for fuel return whatever you do. The last thing you want is a sealed fuel system. What would happen when the temperature rises? The whole system would pressurise.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Jailjubic

Post by Jailjubic »

I already opted to swap the tank. I'm currently sitting here with the tank of the 79 in my lap. I've stopped because I found a strange object rattling around inside.. Kinda looks a bit like a keyhole chamber. I dunno what the hell it is, or what it's from. I have a feeling it's broken off something. Anyone know what the hell it is? Maybe I'll post a pic if I cannot work it out.

Anyway, it's good to know someone else has done this. Hopefully I'll get this finished before sundown.
Jailjubic

Post by Jailjubic »

Finished up around 7-8pm that night. Getting those hoses back on were a real bastard, no slack on the hoses meant trying to fit them on with barely any room for hands. Thanks for your replies guys. :thumpsup:
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Pics of post work skids not loading? :think:
Cars: 95 Wrx, 77 Galant, 73 Galant.
leen

Post by leen »

I just blocked it and no probs.