L200 Haltech EFI-Need some help with magna head info

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
amehel0

L200 Haltech EFI-Need some help with magna head info

Post by amehel0 »

So i have a '83 L200 was a 4g63 Narrow block with 5 speed box. Ive swapped in a 4g54 widebock motor from a 92 triton in with a hemi magna head. All the gear is magna EFI gear except the ecu which is a Haltech PS1000 and the car is dyno tuned. Long story short when i did the swap the coolant temp senders werent swappable and the one in the car didnt function at all and i because didnt get a round tuit overheated the car and blew a head gasket. So i started to replace the head gasket and I took the head down to the engine builders. they pressure tested it and said that there was one crack that they could weld however it was likely to crack again and propagate to a valve stem. basically they were saying the head was cactus. i managed to source a reconditioned head elsewhere. Now my question is and i hope someone can shed some light on this, the old head was a magna m6 hemi style and the engine has flat top pistons and is tuned as such, this newer replacement head has kidney shaped combustion chambers (unplanned). With the pistons being flat tops will that cause issues in general and also can i expect a difference in the compression ratio. a small difference that allows me to drive around until i get it on a dyno i can live with, it is on 98. im worried however it will ping straight away and cause major issues with tuning especially with the flat tops.
amehel0

Re: L200 Haltech EFI-Need some help with magna head info

Post by amehel0 »

Forgot to mention the kidney shaped head is an m9 an this is not a turbo setup; yet....