4G63 Front thermostat relocation with water gallery mod.

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
turbogj260

4G63 Front thermostat relocation with water gallery mod.

Post by turbogj260 »

I know this has been posted up in the past with people using the Jay racing re location kits and in my opinion is a awesome simple modification for anyone wanting to go down the path of fitting a twin cam engine to a RWD mitsi but has anyone done the water gallery modification to the head that old mate Bill's Auto Fabrications has indicated on his site?

Link Here ---->http://www.billsautofab.com/forums/foru ... select=258

I'm going down this path for my 4G63 swap and since the motor has been build not that long ago ide rather not pull of the head if i can avoid it and not too keen on running the rear adapter plate and running coolant hoses along the side of the motor. I'm not interested in keeping the heater core as the car will be used for drag purposes only. I can see a issue of water not circulating properly in the "back" of the head when installed in a RWD application, has anyone come across any issues not doing the mod?
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
Tj.

Re: 4G63 Front thermostat relocation with water gallery mod.

Post by Tj. »

I'm a little late to the party here.

I didn't do it, but I feel that I probably should have. That said I never had any temperature issues right up until a P plater in a Toyota Echo forcibly relocated the radiator into the water pump :( the car was only street driven, not tracked. Racing may be an issue.

I'm in two minds about what to do when I rebuild the car. I don't want to have to pull down the motor for just that, even if the mod is as simple as tapping threads into the two water galleries and running grub screws into them (that's how the guys on projectzerog.com used to do it) but I don't want to bork that motor either.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485