6G into a Scorpion?

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
theozsnowman

6G into a Scorpion?

Post by theozsnowman »

Ive seen a few posts around the place about people doing v6 conversions etc and im toying with maybe looking to do one myself into one of the spare cars i have....

my question is however whats going to be the simplest way of dropping in a 6G to it... as ive read lots of posts about people looking to do it but little to know "success" sorts of posts

do i look for a Triton with a rwd box? I know you can import TRITON ML 6G74's with rwd boxes...

or is there an easier option?

I dont want to go bastardising too much by sticking in a holden or whatever...
My 1980 GH Scorpion Restoration Project - The Oz Snowmans Scorpion - Meet B1 and B2 - The Grey Ghost
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: 6G into a Scorpion?

Post by Scorpma82 »

some aussie tritons did come out with 6G's and RWD boxes....most likely be the cheaper way as opposed to importing another car.

However, if you planning on importing another car.....there's plenty of Japanese cars that run the 6G DOHC engines (2L, 2.5L and 3L) and in some occaisions, factory twin turbocharging.

In short, there is very little information about this sort of conversion.....we are basically waiting for the 1st person to attempt AND complete it....then the floodgates will burst open IMO.

There's no cheap or easy way around the conversion, room for headers will probably be a problem, and you'll more than likely need quite alot of factory componentry to accomdate such a conversion, headers, sump, crossmember, radiator perhaps....maybe even the B/M/Cyl and booster...bigger engine = less room....and a Sigma/Scorpion can only supply so much of it to work with

Good luck with the conversion....everyone (including me) will be keeping an eye open for it
Built with pride, Driven in anger
A112H

Post by A112H »

there's plenty of Japanese cars that run the 6G DOHC engines (2L, 2.5L and 3L) and in some occaisions, factory twin turbocharging.
These engine are from the 6A family and were never fitted in a RWD car, therefore the blocks have no mounts for RWD set up.
You need something from the 6G family as they were used in FWD and RWD so have the engine mount points on the block for both applications.
Tritons were available here in V6 RWD but the gearboxes are like gold. You would be better off looking for a wreck at auction. That way you will bet the loom, computer and all the other bits and pieces you will need.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

hhhhh yes ur right actually.....my bad

u may be able to bolt the DOHC heand onto the SOHC block.......cheap power
Built with pride, Driven in anger
lance

Post by lance »

Next time l see a v6 auto bell housing down the wreckers ( if its easy pickings ) I'm going to grab it.
I wont to see if it will fit onto a Cressida or Volvo auto box . Have to find one with the motor out. I'm lazy
As far as the manual TritonV6 goes the are getting older so should show more at the wreckers
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

Toyota auto gearbox with the mitsu bellhousing could definitely be an option. There are a few 1uz pajeros, L200's and so on that all seem to use the 1uz bellhousing which bolts straight onto the standard auto box.

If this does work then it would also open up the option of manual boxes like the w58 which can be fitted to the 1uz bellhousing with an adaptor plate. That same adaptor plate should also fit the 6G bellhousing allowing a W58 to bolt up to the 6G bellhousing/engine.

All just theoretical at this stage, but I have a 1uz bellhousing, auto box, and also a W58 here that I could use for trial fitting if someone has a 6G bellhousing or the adaptor plate they want to trial fit.
lance

Post by lance »

The Toyota gearbox that has a strong possibility to fit is the Asian Warner A340
For any body that is really interested type in Asian Warner A340 in there search engine
Mitsubishi used a type of the A340 in there Pagerios and they have been used also by Jeep , Volvo and Toyota .
Toyota used them in there Cressida and there 4wd s