M8 Astron heads in NZ?

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
Superscan811

M8 Astron heads in NZ?

Post by Superscan811 »

Were the 2.6L M8 style Astron heads ever used in NZ? There is a person off an American Starion site that is wanting a M8 head with the kidney shaped chamber. They were on the TS Magna's (around 1992 to 1996 I think).
Shipping from Australia to US is best described as highway robbery, but he will be in NZ and thought he may be able to acquire one there.

Can any of the NZ members confirm or deny this?

Cheers.
FunkyP

Re: M8 Astron heads in NZ?

Post by FunkyP »

Why would anyone want that? The US available heads work just fine.
G54B/R154/MSX/SC60/11.2@120mph
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

I can't give you the answer but if he gets in contact with Kempy's Bitza Mitzy's they should be able to.

http://www.kempys.co.nz/.

Nath
1976 Galant Hardtop
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

FunkyP wrote:Why would anyone want that? The US available heads work just fine.
The M8 head would outflow the standard heads used in the US.
Basically they are an M7 head with swirl, and they flow almost the same. The swirl should help reduce detonation and give a better flame front. They also run roller cam followers as standard.

A lot of positives and not a lot of negatives, which is why I'll be using one in a normally aspirated high comp engine for my daily drive.

Another plus, over here they are cheap as well, $100 from most wreckers will get you any of the later Magna heads.

Nath76LA wrote:I can't give you the answer but if he gets in contact with Kempy's Bitza Mitzy's they should be able to.

http://www.kempys.co.nz/.

Nath
Thanks, Ill let him know.

Cheers.
dwlee

Post by dwlee »

I saw a M8 head at pickapart Mangere today in a Magna so they are definately in NZ.