Mitsubishi dizzy on the galant

Ask other members technical questions here, if your after a certain answer/result have our members help you.
martyr

Mitsubishi dizzy on the galant

Post by martyr »

I just bought a new dizzy cap and rotor for a gc galant and it doesn't fit, the old one has the mitsubishi diamonds on the rotor, anybody know what I'm dealing with? So I can buy parts to service her, also one motor has astron embossed on the rocker cover and the other doesn't. Considering they're both gc's of the same year I'm assuming one has been swapped out. Any help would be appreciated :stupid:
Running dualies
2x 1975 GC 4dr Galants
75glnt

Re: Mitsubishi dizzy on the galant

Post by 75glnt »

got any pics mate? astrons are a 2L or a 2.6L. did you buy the dizzy cap for a "chrysler galant" from the shop? or did you buy it for the engine?

cheers,
Mick :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
martyr

Post by martyr »

So did a bit of searching and hidden in behind the starter motor is a nice little 4g32 printed on the block, guessing its a Saturn. I have an 83 colt as a paddock basher and decided to try the dizzy cap from that, it's a perfect fit bar one little locking tab, which was easily removed, so I'm guessing the dizzy is from a sigma or colt. So ill just use that to order dizzy parts for. The joys of finishing other people's projects.
Running dualies
2x 1975 GC 4dr Galants
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

yea some people ive seen use a siggy dizzy, but only to change to electronic ignition. but, as long as you found one that fits and works. good job :thumpsup:
martyr wrote:The joys of finishing other people's projects.
i hear you there! ive been trying to put back a gb galant i bought at least 4 years ago! the wiring was chopped up and painted over with thick plack paint (most likely a pot heated up and painted on with a brush :banh: ) still sorting crap out! when i bought it.. the fella said "no bog". well, i found chicken mesh, newspaper, and wait for it... bog! also the cars starting to break out with more tiny spots everywhere, like it was a dodgy fix. hmm. the joys of finishing others projects :think:
N/A ALL THE WAY