Hosting a car show

Register for cruises here, no off topic chat here!
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Hosting a car show

Post by Scorpma82 »

Hi guys,

I know this a MASSIVELY long shot.....but would people (in this car club) be interested in hosting a dedicated 4cyl car event????
Could we go in conjunction with another Mitsubishi car club to help us with a drag day event????

Would people be more interested in competing in their cars knowing that wont be lining up on the strip next to blown Falcon??? or on the dyno competing for the same award as a Twin Turbo Supra??? ( I know I would be)

Could we do a dyno day?????
Maybe even just a static car show??

There's sooo many things we could do in terms of shows and stuff

Any comments are welcome
Built with pride, Driven in anger
geezer101

Re: Hosting a car show

Post by geezer101 »

It would be great to have a dedicated S-G hosted car show, but the amount of money involved is massive I'm sorry to say. Factoring in costs to - hire a venue, advetise the event, public liability insurance etc. You could possibly reduce costs by fishing for event sponsors but that can be a task in itself... I think a better (read easier) way would be to organise members to enter an existing event as a group and get authorisation to represent S-G from the event managers.
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

yeah thats fair enough geezer....like i said...it was a massively long shot
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

geezer101 wrote:It would be great to have a dedicated S-G hosted car show, but the amount of money involved is massive I'm sorry to say. Factoring in costs to - hire a venue, advetise the event, public liability insurance etc. You could possibly reduce costs by fishing for event sponsors but that can be a task in itself... I think a better (read easier) way would be to organise members to enter an existing event as a group and get authorisation to represent S-G from the event managers.
What he said. Having been in a few car shows and helping out on a couple it is a massive amount of time, effort and money to have such event's as these. Most car shows have on the entry form (or in SA they do anyway) if you are entering as part of a 'club / business display' or an 'individual'. That is why most of the event's I enter are part of a club display promoting SMASA (Street Machine Association of South Australia).
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

davetrees

Post by davetrees »

Scorpma82 wrote:..... in this car club ......
I wasn't aware this was a "car club" ... I thought it was just an internet forum !
A112H

Post by A112H »

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing Dave.

As the others have said, we aren't in a position to pay for such an event. I think (of course you would need to check with MrD) that if you wanted to organise a display at a local event it wouldn't be a problem and you would get a few members interested.
You wouldn't want to turn up with only two cars really, lol.
I am not sure what an established event would charge for a "club" or "team" entry but it would be something you would need to pay for yourself, or maybe the members entering might be willing to split it.
brendon

Post by brendon »

If people are interesting in doing some shows/driving events and gettign the SG.com name out.

this looks like it could be an awesome event
http://forumbattle.com.au/2011/11/29/ar ... arch-2012/.

unfortunately 3000km is one good reason why i wont make it :(
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
brendon

Post by brendon »

is anyone going to this meet at Calder park, competitor or spectator?

I'm very interested to see how it goes, and people thoughts on the event
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

no sorry...im working thaT weekend F@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@CCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!