sedan to wagon

Post anything that is to do with exterior or interior of a vehicle here.
turbol200

sedan to wagon

Post by turbol200 »

hey just woundering if ya can fit galant sedan seats to a wagon, i know the fronts are ok but the rears are a bit diffrent, just woundering if i could do it, and a sedan doors the same as wagon
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
75wagon
Admin

Re: sedan to wagon

Post by 75wagon »

turbol200 wrote:hey just woundering if ya can fit galant sedan seats to a wagon
It would need to be engineered. The mountings are completely different, the wagon top and base are both on hinges and the top is held in place by catches. The sedan base bolts to the floor, and the top is held in place by brackets off the front of the parcel shelf bracing, which doesn't exist in a wagon.
Basically, you'd have to cut the panel from the sedan, weld it into the wagon, get it engineered, and then end up with a wagon that has a back seat that wont fold down anymore.
turbol200 wrote:and a sedan doors the same as wagon
I imagine that was meant to say 'and are sedan doors the same as wagon'.
Yes and no is the answer.
All Galant wagons are based on the GA/B sedans.
So:
GA/B front doors do fit
GC/D front doors fit if you remove the top frame and glass, and replace it with the right one (the windscreen rake is different on the GC/D sedan to the wagons).
GA/B rear doors will fit if you cut the top frames off (as above)
GC/D rear doors do not fit at all.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
turbol200

Post by turbol200 »

after looking at the rear doors again i see that the are diffrent, didnt realise that the front doors on a gd wagon to a gd sedan arnt the same tho, i wasnt sure if the rear cushions would go on the hinges
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

I grabbed the tan door cards out of my yellow gb and they fit straight in my wagon front and rear the rear seats diffrent and the front seats fit from ga/gb in my wagon
turbol200

Post by turbol200 »

75wagon wrote:
turbol200 wrote:hey just woundering if ya can fit galant sedan seats to a wagon
It would need to be engineered. The mountings are completely different, the wagon top and base are both on hinges and the top is held in place by catches. The sedan base bolts to the floor, and the top is held in place by brackets off the front of the parcel shelf bracing, which doesn't exist in a wagon.
Basically, you'd have to cut the panel from the sedan, weld it into the wagon, get it engineered, and then end up with a wagon that has a back seat that wont fold down anymore.
turbol200 wrote:and a sedan doors the same as wagon
I imagine that was meant to say 'and are sedan doors the same as wagon'.
Yes and no is the answer.
All Galant wagons are based on the GA/B sedans.
So:
GA/B front doors do fit
GC/D front doors fit if you remove the top frame and glass, and replace it with the right one (the windscreen rake is different on the GC/D sedan to the wagons).
GA/B rear doors will fit if you cut the top frames off (as above)
GC/D rear doors do not fit at all.

i wounder if i could swap the seat covers off the sedan rear seats to the wagon rears, iv got sports pack seats i want to fit into it
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

turbol200 wrote:i wounder if i could swap the seat covers off the sedan rear seats to the wagon rears, iv got sports pack seats i want to fit into it
I suppose they would, but you'll have to cut them down to fit.
Talk to a vehicle trimmer, I don't think they'd charge you much for it?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers