remove glue from dash ???

Post anything that is to do with exterior or interior of a vehicle here.
turbol200

remove glue from dash ???

Post by turbol200 »

so i decided i wanted to put the cd player in the dash of my wagon, i didnt want to cut up a good dash so i used one i had layn about that had a hole drilled in it for a switch, black looks beter than the wood grain so i got all of that shit of but am having trouble geting the glue off it, has any one come across this, iv got 2 good black ones but dont wana hack em up
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
75wagon
Admin

Re: remove glue from dash ???

Post by 75wagon »

I don't know the perfect solution, but I will give you this tip.
Try different solvents on the back of the panel to see if they discolor or damage the surface.
The Glue used to stick the woodgrain paneling should be contact adhesive, which is turpentine based. Turps may get it off, but unlikely I would suggest? Try Kerosene, white spirits, and shellite (lighter fluid). All are available from Bunnings (or your decent local hardware shops at reasonable prices), but if you have a garage like mine, are just on the shelf ready to try.

Good luck and please, please, post up results of what you found the most successful...

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
turbol200

Re: remove glue from dash ???

Post by turbol200 »

thanks for that man, ill try them out and let you guys know, so every body knows how to go about it
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door