interior/exterior

Post anything that is to do with exterior or interior of a vehicle here.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

interior/exterior

Post by Scorpma82 »

Hi guys,

Quick question.....Do GE (or early GH) sigma doors (as in the complete unit) bolt on and function correctly as a GJ????

The reason is because i want the side mirrors that are mounted on the door itself....not mounted in the corner of the glass......i want to be able to fit Falcon GT style teardrop mirrors on the car.......i have seen it done once on a GH......but never a later model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Built with pride, Driven in anger
ddt

Re: interior/exterior

Post by ddt »

Scorpma82 wrote:Hi guys,
Quick question.....Do GE (or early GH) sigma doors (as in the complete unit) bolt on and function correctly as a GJ????
front GE/GH doors wont fit a GJ sedan or later. Wagons on the other hand were the same body all the way from GE to GN and doors are interchangeable.
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

well im planning on a GJ wagon so in that case...ur saying i can fit earlier model doors (assuming they are also from a wagon)
camB

Post by camB »

Nope, what we're saying is that any GE/GH door will fit your wagon. Doesn't matter whether it's a GE sedan or wagon.
:D

(I've got GN wagon doors on my GE sedan)
tubby

Post by tubby »

or remove the 1/4 mirror mounting and channel and fit an earlier glass without changing the door, thats what I did.
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

hmmmm

thats interesting...i didnt know the 1/4 mirror panel and glas can be removed/replaced like that

i noticed in ur list of cars, u have a sigma p/van.....is that factory/ is it modded in a particular way?
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

Thats on what was orignally a wagon though - the shape of the door is the same as a GE/GH anyway.
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Well i'm planning on a GJ wagon....so aslong as a get the glass out of a GE/H wagon....i'm fine...is that right???

It's certainly easier and cheaper than replacing the entire door if thats the case....plus my car stays as one colour lol
tubby

Post by tubby »

yep two bolts hold the mirror mounting surface plus the window channel, remove it swap the window with an earlier one. no need to change regulator. you will need new bailey channel too and in it goes. No my panel van is a chopped GN with a GE front end.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4782
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan