wheels

Post anything that is to do with exterior or interior of a vehicle here.
75glnt

wheels

Post by 75glnt »

Hey guys. I have a dillemah. I want stock looking wheels on my gb. But need the traction that I can't get on the 155s. Can I get my rims widened or is there another rim that's identical and fits?
N/A ALL THE WAY
A112H

Re: wheels

Post by A112H »

What part of the world are you in 75glnt? I had mine widened in SA but thats no use to you if you live in Broome.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Haha... I've never thought of widening rims. But cheers mate. Where do I take them? Tyre shop? Engineer? And how much?
N/A ALL THE WAY
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
paully77galant

Post by paully77galant »

i've just had a set of stockies widened from a 4" rim to 6" with standard back spacing. They use a 205/60/13 tire and look awesome.However the widening cost $125 each wheel. And the tires are 'nankang' at $90 each. Find tires that are wider or lower profile for a 13" wheel will be extremely hard.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

paully77galant wrote:i've just had a set of stockies widened from a 4" rim to 6" with standard back spacing.
Any chance of getting a pic of them on your car?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
paully77galant

Post by paully77galant »

i will take pics this weekend when it's light enough to see. i'm at work when ever the sun is up during the week
paully77galant

Post by paully77galant »

Here are those pics of my recently widened stockies. They have a 6" rim with standard backspacking and cost $500 to modify + $90 a tyre. i painted them myself.
They are a very close fit. In the rear they miss the lower shock mount by about 4mm because i have 2" lowering blocks and just miss the lip of the rear guard.
On the front it does full lock but they come about 15mm from the guard so i dont go up driveways quickly anymore, as they will catch the guard if turned and the spring compresses.
ddt

Post by ddt »

Here are those pics of my recently widened stockies..
OMG OMG they are sooo phat..
Tyre size is perfect. You might be paying for it in practicality but that stance is epic.
i want to see phattened steelies on other old mitsus now -like on a GSR or Tubby's panelvan.

Paully, do you have a pic with the whole car in it?
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

ive been trying to sort out something like that for a set of spares for my car. i love the look of the stock rim with the small hubcap. but i need 14" minimum. are the hubcaps compatable between 13" and 14 or 15" or are they different for each size. id love to get some 15" stockies from a r31 or something and use these hubcaps on them.
vrooooom vrooooom!!
A112H

Post by A112H »

If you get them widened you can get the wheel place to weld the three lugs on to hold the hubcap in place. I thought about this but didn't think the hubcaps suited the R31 rims,
Here is a pic :)
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

i wasnt sure how much stockies differed from car to car. i assumed they were all rather similar. i like the ones pictured on the galant above. they look sweet! but to much money to spend for a spare set to get them done. if you ever wana sell yours jason :P .
vrooooom vrooooom!!
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

What a shame it can't be done to alloy wheels.......

how many sets of 8" pepperpots and PWS wheels would there be?????
Built with pride, Driven in anger