Interchangable parts GD on to GA

Post anything that is to do with exterior or interior of a vehicle here.
72GalantGirl

Interchangable parts GD on to GA

Post by 72GalantGirl »

So I am having the worst time trying to find a few tiny little parts for my 72GA...
If anyone can help will be much appreciated. I have found a GD wagon in mint condition but I am going to wreck it coz no one is really interested since I am in QLD :)

Does anyone know if the bonnet and front guards fit from GD onto a GA??
And also if the door lock and handle internals and handle fit GD on to GA??
Need to let the guy know if I still want it coz if not he is going to crush is :O

Its not about how much you spend.... Its about how much of the work you did yourself!!! :)
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Interchangable parts GD on to GA

Post by astronturbo77 »

nope panels between GA and GD are compleley different, GA/GB are the same.
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
72GalantGirl

Post by 72GalantGirl »

oh also the gutter trim... I think thats what it is called?!?!

Has anyone found a supplier or cut it off and seam welded?? And if so any major problems? :)

Its not about how much you spend.... Its about how much of the work you did yourself!!! :)
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

The stainless trim around the rain gutter on the roof? only place to get it is another GA/GB... or just leave it off
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
72GalantGirl

Post by 72GalantGirl »

yeah thats what I thought. I wanted to cut it off and seam weld it but I am unsure if the rain will get in then????

geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

The guys' going to do WHAT to it? Blasphemous! The wagon is a real unsung hero in my books- especially the difficulty in getting a decent one. Someone save it from the undignified death of being recycled into a commodore.
72GalantGirl

Post by 72GalantGirl »

all good geezer I am going to rescue it tomorrow morning first thing :)

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

geezer101 wrote:The guys' going to do WHAT to it? Blasphemous!
I'm a bit with you on that, but in this case the wagon is getting saved from the scrapper to at least have some of it's parts used to keep another alive. So that makes it a bit better in my book. I know how hard it is to find a good wagon.
72GalantGirl wrote:oh also the gutter trim... I think thats what it is called?!?!
We are talking the stainless trim on the gutter rail here aren't we? If so, I'd compare the strips before you give up on compatibility. The wagons (so I'm told) use GA/GB sedan windscreens. So I also assume the windscreen angle would be the same, IF this is true then they may be compatible? It's always worth a try...

72GalantGirl wrote:Has anyone found a supplier or cut it off and seam welded?? And if so any major problems? :)
As for any major problems. You wont be able to drive with the windows down when it raining without getting rain inside. That's what I love about my wagon, I can drive in the rain with the windows down most of the time.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
72GalantGirl

Post by 72GalantGirl »

yeah keeping it together. But I am getting a GC sedan to replace the diff in the wagon since I am stealing the wagons diff. Will still be complete unless the trim fits :) I might even be able to get a mate to fab it up for me and paint it to match the car :) Hoping to have her rego'd before xmas this year so here is to hoping. Once I get the diff in it's all body work from here :)

Yeah gonna have a good look at it and compare to mine once it gets here. 2 hour round trip to pick up the wagon then off to get a xr6 engine donor :) too many cars.. 11 plus car trailer and soon to be 3 more :O

And I guess if I have any problems I could probably just use the weathershields off something not that I like them but I am sure I can get around the problem anyways. Mine are just full of overspray and rooted :l
And I guess if I drive really fast it will keep the rain out :p

geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

I doubt the gutter trim will fit. The doors on the wagons have a steeper rake angle than it's sedan siblings, so the 'a' pillar will also have a different shape as well. Ages ago I got my hands on some pristine front doors to replace the cancer riddled doors on my old wagon only to find the window frames didn't line up. Don't get caught out like I did...
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

geezer101 wrote:I doubt the gutter trim will fit. The doors on the wagons have a steeper rake angle than it's sedan siblings
Sedan doors off what model? GA/B or GC/D?

The GC/D sedan doors don't have a chance in hell of fitting on a wagon. Not without removing the window frame and glass and welding on the wagon window frame.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

They were GC/GD doors. I was just starting out on my first gal build when I got burnt by an unscrupulous wrecker (a scum bag) that was having a shutting up shop fire sale. :banh:
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

75wagon wrote:
geezer101 wrote:I doubt the gutter trim will fit. The doors on the wagons have a steeper rake angle than it's sedan siblings
Sedan doors off what model? GA/B or GC/D?

The GC/D sedan doors don't have a chance in hell of fitting on a wagon. Not without removing the window frame and glass and welding on the wagon window frame.

Dave...
I left something out, The rear doors off a GC/D sedan will never fit a GA/B or any type of wagon EVER.