front seat belts gd galant

Post anything that is to do with exterior or interior of a vehicle here.
greengalant

front seat belts gd galant

Post by greengalant »

Hey all I am looking for front seat belts for my GD galant wagon was curious if other car type of seat belts work in there and if anyone has tried it?
davetrees

Re: front seat belts gd galant

Post by davetrees »

Replacement seatbelts are available in all sorts of sizes / styles ...... http://www.klippan.com.au/wps/wcm/conne ... eat+belts/

Personally, I wouldn't trust my life to 30+ year old webbing ..... just spend the money & buy new ones. Any decent auto parts store will be able to get them.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I got new seat belts for my wagon through Repco (doesn't matter where you go, all the parts shops including Rare Spares get the same ones, as they are the only ones available). They are Klippan seatbelts as davetrees has suggested. They have a kit to suit our cars. All early galant replacement seat belt are the same fitment. They originally supplied with with the non retractable type which I refused. They had to make them new for me, it took them 4 months from the original day that I ordered them. They were about $240 for the pair. The fit and work well.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

You shouldn't need a special order .... just buy some generic / universal rectractables.

I've done this for a couple of cars over the years (inc. a GB, years ago. Rather than use the unevenly spaced stock mounting holes on top of the transmission tunnel, I just drilled holes through the side of the tunnel & bolted them through there with re-reinforcing plates behind).
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

I used to have a set of generic belts in a GD sedan I had many moons ago and they worked fine and I don't think they were all that dear.

For the coupe however, I'm a dead set stickler for originality. I pulled all 5 belts out and had them re-webbed using the original buckles and tensioners. I'm pretty sure they replaced the retractor things too.

It wasn't cheap ($800 ish from memory) but they look OEM :thumpsup:

I can find the details tonight if anyone's interested.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
hypeboy

Post by hypeboy »

Replacement seatbelts are available in all sorts of sizes / styles ...... http://www.klippan.com.au/wps/wcm/discount auto parts/

Personally, I wouldn't trust my life to 30+ year old webbing ..... just spend the money & buy new ones. Any decent auto parts store will be able to get them.
I need to register? I'm currently searching for this item as well. is there anyone who could sell cheap seatbelts?