PWS Interior Rejuvenation

Post anything that is to do with exterior or interior of a vehicle here.
Jasinex

PWS Interior Rejuvenation

Post by Jasinex »

Hey Guys,

We have started the strip down of the PWS and i am wondering does anyone know where or how you can rejuvenate the door trims / dash board etc. The colour of the dash looks fine so far, it may just need a good armourall but the door trims etc are fadded. The origional brownish colour is now very light.

Is there a way to bring this back? or is it easier to get 4 door trims that are in VGC from someone on here?

I am also looking to replace all the small trim pieces on the pillars(where the seatbelts are for the front seats). they are pretty warped and look ordinary.

Does anyone in Brisbane have a matching interior out of a GH? was the brown unique to the PWS?

i would be interested to pick up some bits and pieces of trim/carpet

thanks in advance

Jason
ISKA8

Re: PWS Interior Rejuvenation

Post by ISKA8 »

Jasinex wrote:Hey Guys,

We have started the strip down of the PWS and i am wondering does anyone know where or how you can rejuvenate the door trims / dash board etc. The colour of the dash looks fine so far, it may just need a good armourall but the door trims etc are fadded. The origional brownish colour is now very light.

Is there a way to bring this back? or is it easier to get 4 door trims that are in VGC from someone on here?

hi there mate,the best way i can think of is to get the vinyl,dash and cloth trim spray.it comes in a can and you can buy it from any auto1,autobarn etc...it works quite good.i was supprised when my mate used it on his rx3 trim and come up really new..
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
rob020

Post by rob020 »

i used that vinyl spray paint on the door cards in my 323.. its all about prep, its lasted quite well (did it 12 months ago) but its starting to look patchier than when i first applied it
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Just so you know, vinyl spray is also available in cans (proper paint) for spray guns (not just aerosol). It comes in standard colours.
I bought black and white cans and made my own shades of grey for my Commodore. I also made spray masks for the doors with logos in them. They looked really good and still looked just as good 4 years later.
You can also buy clear coat in vinyl spray, helps repel vomit... Taxi drivers love it :thumpsup:

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

You can also buy clear coat in vinyl spray, helps repel vomit... Taxi drivers love it
Dave, I'll remember that for next big night I have! lol
1976 Galant Hardtop
Jasinex

Post by Jasinex »

fasntastic information guys.

Ill have to give it a try on some donator door skins before i ruin the pws ones hehehe
TR11KY

Post by TR11KY »

thanks guys very helpful advice ahead of trying to restore my door trims and interior plastics.

i want longevity and professional look i hadnt considered vomit proofing but now i am!!! :hit:
Factory Sigma Turbo #445 - TR11KY
220rwkw @ 15psi daily driver/project

Factory Sigma Turbo #500
under restoration
GLANT

Post by GLANT »

vinyl spray can works great, prepsol area first....you want it really clean!!
I added black inserts to my cream GA interior, seats and trims, i used satin black, as gloss black looks heaps to shinny! still 100% after 7 years (4 as a daily driver).......
1972 GA GALANT/COLT, with a VR4 4G63T 151kw atw :-)
tubby

Post by tubby »

I have used the black vinyl spray as well easy as, looks good. go for it.
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan