Heater control thingys..

Post anything that is to do with exterior or interior of a vehicle here.
si81gma

Heater control thingys..

Post by si81gma »

Hi, the vent and heater controls on my GH have issues, the cables (or whatever the switches are attached to) have broken, so now i have to move the lever behind the radio to change where the air comes out. Before I bother pulling the dash apart, can they be fixed?
Is this a common problem?
Thanks..
camB

Re: Heater control thingys..

Post by camB »

Are you sure they're broken? They are held each end by a sprung or screw down clamp on the cable sheath. If that's come loose (or popped off in the case of the sprung ones) then the whole thing moves rather than just the cable. Check that first. If you do have to check the end attached to the controls - then yes, it's the centre section of dash out. Not too hard though. 7 screws and it's out! :)
si81gma

Post by si81gma »

Thanks, none of them work, two are really stiff and won't move, and the other just slides and does nothing. Will the attaching screw clamp things go back on, or would i ahve to get new ones?
camB

Post by camB »

Is it the temperature/heat one that's stuck? If so, the little alloy tap in the hot water line to the left of the heater core will be seized. The others... yeah, the little clamp things should be able to be just put back on. It's not that bad getting the centre section of dash out anyway, should you need to.
si81gma

Post by si81gma »

Yeah it's the heater one that's stuck. One of the hoses blew out on me the other week, so I by-passed the heater as it didn't work anyways. So i'm not fussed with that one. Thanks for your help :)