door trim backing panels

Post anything that is to do with exterior or interior of a vehicle here.
psshhhht

door trim backing panels

Post by psshhhht »

G'day,
does anyone know if it's possible to get new door trim backing boards? I'm going to be making custom door trims for my GH, and while I can make my own if i have to, thought it would save a bit of effort to just get new ones.
Cheers,
Jer
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
shuggy

Re: door trim backing panels

Post by shuggy »

gooooodd luck!
there is a guy on ebay you could try. search 'sigma parts brand new' on ebay n its the guy that sells a lot of little shit like that
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

pencil jigsaw and about an hour
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

I destroyed my door skins trying to remove them from the door themselves (ripped all the clips out of the boards)

So a mate of mine got some MDF boards (about 3-5mm thick) and used the original Sigma door skins as templates and cut up some new skins with a jigsaw.

I wrapped them in brown velour at home (i stupidly didnt put any under underlay under the velour so the door skin wasnt as soft to touch) and had mounted them with gold bolts with a built dowell in them.

If you're more patient than me, you could actually drill out the holes and buy a decent set of clips for that 'factory look'

Something i'll do next time for sure!!
Built with pride, Driven in anger