Can someone tell me how to remove the rear seat of a GC

Post anything that is to do with exterior or interior of a vehicle here.
hengagc75

Can someone tell me how to remove the rear seat of a GC

Post by hengagc75 »

It just won't come off :(
A112H

Re: Can someone tell me how to remove the rear seat of a GC

Post by A112H »

The bottom bit - You need to yank it upwards and it should release. They have two tabs that clip into the floor. Once you have released these it will just pull out.
The back bit - There are two 10mm bolts at the bottom, they bolt up near your seatbelts. Once you have unbolted these you just slide the seat up towards the rear window about an inch or two in enough and it should come out.
hengagc75

Post by hengagc75 »

Where are the 10 mm bolts near? I could only find metal clips that were all clipped into a metal bracket. I unclipped those and the back is loose now but the top part of it is stuck on something
hengagc75

Post by hengagc75 »

Where are the 10 mm bolts near? I could only find metal clips that were all clipped into a metal bracket. I unclipped those and the back is loose now but the top part of it is stuck on something, doing my head in
hengagc75

Post by hengagc75 »

Where are the 10 mm bolts near? I could only find metal clips that were all clipped into a metal bracket. I unclipped those and the back is loose now but the top part of it is stuck on something, doing my head in
LukeAussie

Post by LukeAussie »

From memory, it's just the bolts at the bottom of the back-rest, near the seat-belt shackles. The bolts hold on large metal clips attached to the back-rest (kind of like a wire-loop). I believe the top is just held in place, so you should be able to push the back rest up toward the back window, and out she comes. If you need to check if it's been attached elsewhere, the wood panel in the boot that fits against the back rest is easy to remove and you can access the back of the back-rest.

Good luck!
Cruzindaforby

Post by Cruzindaforby »

Any ideas on why there are two metal screws going through the wire loop of the rear backrest? Not sure if they were original or if someone lost the aforementioned 10 mm's
A112H

Post by A112H »

pictures of the part you are talking about Cruzindaforby