GA seat belts

Post anything that is to do with exterior or interior of a vehicle here.
75GC

GA seat belts

Post by 75GC »

Hi, I need to replace the three rear seatbelts on my GA as they are corroded/ceased in one position... Any recommendations of where to purchase them? (Melbourne).
Also, the GA front seat belts are the original manual adjustable ones with the anchor point above the rear door. Has anyone changed these out for retractable type? I'm thinking it may be too awkward to install the reel above the rear window, and I doubt I can install on the pillar (presume early GA didn't have anchor point there). Thanks
75glnt

Re: GA seat belts

Post by 75glnt »

The reel goes down on the floor at the b pillar. Runs up through another anchor point up the top of the b pillar. And then over the seat etc like a normal one :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
75GC

Post by 75GC »

yes that's how I remember it on my GC, but the anchor point on my GA is about 6-9 inches back from the b pillar. may restrict access into rear seat, but i'll check it out, thanks
75GC

GA Chrysler Galant sedan rear seat belts

Post by 75GC »

Well, Rare Spares have non-retractable seat belts that would fit (although obviously a newer style) for $91 lap, and $115 for each lap-sash belt. Seems a little expensive to me. I'll keep looking on ebay, but happy to receive any further suggestions others have for replacing them. Thanks!
A112H

Post by A112H »

I bought my new belts from here. They are awesome quality.

http://www.pentastarparts.com.au/store/ ... _list&c=24
75GC

Post by 75GC »

Thanks Jason, they look great. I'll go for them if I want to replace the belts. I actually managed to partially dismantle the old belts and wire brush some corrosion away. The adjustment is still stiff but at least moving. Cheers
75GC

Post by 75GC »

I bought a GB wrecker for spare parts which has much better rear seatbelts, so I'll use them.