carpets Lancers

Post anything that is to do with exterior or interior of a vehicle here.
BlueThunder

carpets Lancers

Post by BlueThunder »

Hi guys

Is there anyone around who knows if the carpets of a 2 door LA/LB/LC lancer are the same as the ones for a LB/LC hatchback?

I found this site which makes new carpets but the hatchback isn't mentioned just the 2 door and the 4 door Lancers:
http://www.all-car-carpets.com.au/

Greetz
Sven
Cottees
Admin

Re: carpets Lancers

Post by Cottees »

It may be the same. In the LB, there was a 2 door sedan and a 2 door hatch, but in the LC, there was only a 2 door hatch. I think they all are based on the same chassis design. I have a LB handy, but it's a 4 door, so I wouldn't be able to check.
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

i have the parts catalogs of the 1976 Lancers and Celestes and the part numbers for the carpets are already different...(off course) :think:
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

from a good source i got to know that the 2 door Lancers have different carpets than a Lancer hatchback/Celeste :(

Anyone willing to ship them a LB/LC Lancer hatchback set? Then I will get carpets that will fit :p
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

I have a spare carpet from my spare LC. Will take some photos of it in the next couple days.
ozdusterdave

Post by ozdusterdave »

The carpet in the Lc hatch is probably the best quality thing they put in the whole car...although,I have only ever seen it in brown.
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

This is the spare carpet I have. It is in ok condition, parts are faded, but might come up ok after a good clean and re-dye. Will try vacuuming it tomorrow to see how it looks then.

On another note, I checked out the carpet in my LB 4 door Sedan. The carpet is actually 3 piece. The front piece of the carpet doesn't extend as far back as the LC Hatch carpet does.
lance

Post by lance »

Gear stick hole ?? Are thay all in the same spot ?
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

From what I can tell, the LA-LC all share the same base chassis design, so the shifter should be in the same position in all of them.
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

Cottees wrote:From what I can tell, the LA-LC all share the same base chassis design, so the shifter should be in the same position in all of them.
but from that, i would say any carpet(s) should fit in any Lancer, Lancer or Celeste...?
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

BlueThunder wrote:Lancer or Celeste...?
Celeste is a Lancer.
Cottees wrote:LA-LC all share the same base chassis design
If this is true, you should be covered, as LC is Celeste shape only.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

75wagon wrote:
BlueThunder wrote:Lancer or Celeste...?
Celeste is a Lancer.
I know about this, but i wanted to destinguish the Celeste more from the 2 door or 4 door Lancers...
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

LA has a 2 and 4 door sedan, LB has a 2 and 4 door sedan as well as a 2 door hatch, and LC has a 2 door hatch. From what I have seen, they all are the same from the front of the chassis rails to the hump in the floor pan that the front seat rails mount to. From there the chassis is different. And obviously the shell around this is also different between the models too. It is like how the Sigma, Scorpion and Starions are all based on the same chassis design, just the shells are different. The front pieces of carpet should then technically fit any of them, it is just from that floor pan hump back would be different. Another issue I saw as well was RHD vs LHD carpets would be slightly different because of the integrated floor mat on the driver's side. I should have taken a photo when I was in my LB 4 Door Sedan, but in that, the front piece of the carpet stops just before the floor pan hump, where as in my LC, the front carpet stops just after it.
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

Is this carpet a 2 piece (i.e. front and back section)?
Also - what was the original color as i see the all in one peopl have a bunch of colors .
Was it "ginger"
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

I have just done a set for one of my LC coupe's and they are the same.

I used these guys......

http://www.sibacarcarpets.com.au/index.htm

..... and its a very good fit.