How to Recaros in a Galant.

Post anything that is to do with exterior or interior of a vehicle here.
75wagon
Admin

How to Recaros in a Galant.

Post by 75wagon »

I've been asked this question a few times of late (How difficult is it to fit sports type seats in a Galant).

So today I finally took a seat out to show pics.
This model Recaro.

The seat rails are 400mm apart, same as a stock Galant seat.
I used the rear factory holes (after testing which ones where best suited), and re-drilled the front holes to suit the Recaro being fitted.
The Recaro's I have use 6 bolts instead of 4, so I had to drill 2 holes in each rail.
I also had to use the plastic spacers that came on the factory seat so the adjusting mechanism could still work. Without them the seat fouled on them and stopped them from working.

I also had to bend the adjuster arm down at the front as the Recaro's are longer and the adjuster arm tucked up under the front.

Bride Lowmax seats are able to be fitted using the same method (the same mod was down to 77galantv6's car for those seats).

Here's a link to an older similar topic http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 78&p=73952

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Williamalemi

-

Post by Williamalemi »

Youll need to see if the EP3 standard seat rails or the EP3 Recaro rails will bolt to the bottom of the Peugeot seats. The Peugeot rails dont look like theyll fit in an EP3 without some modification/fabrication.