Project: Old Yeller

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
DOPRIUS

Project: Old Yeller

Post by DOPRIUS »

A few weeks ago, a buddy and I was leaving college. We were talking about mini trucks and vw bugs, so I ask..."you would'nt happen to have an old bug that I can chop on and lower it, would ya?" He said, "Naw but I have an old vw rabbit that I cut in half and drive...I also have a little Dodge D50." So I say "Really?"...so :blah: so many miniutes later I buy the truck and title in hand the next day.

Heres a few quick pics of the outside of the truck!

LMK what y'all think of it. It may look a little rough...which it is haha. But overall its a nice little truck, and a helluva deal for how much I paid for it!
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Project: Old Yeller

Post by Scorpma82 »

heaps of potential with this rig.....i can see jacked up suspension, truck stacks, huge rollover bar with high powered spotlights on it........looks like a fairly good, rust free starting point with the ute (truck)....well done, good luck and keep us upto date on wha you do with it :thumpsup:
Built with pride, Driven in anger
A112H

Post by A112H »

Looks like a great starting point, what are the plans?

Oh, and I saw this in a random search the other day, you might be interested.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubishi-L ... 35ba2fa5ec
DOPRIUS

Post by DOPRIUS »

Plans plans plans...what do i wanna do...havnt got a plan yet. Throwing around ideas about some old dodge car tail lights or just a good shaved tail gate and lights. I have some good ones in my head, but uintil i get the motor together, theyre gonna stay in my head...cus they dont wanna come out yet :banh: if you know what i mean haha.
DOPRIUS

Post by DOPRIUS »

OK...so heres just a quick peek of what ive done so far. Ive started deleting some of the useless crap like A/C and evap. While i was taking it apart ive found numerouse signs that it was running extremely lean. Il upload a good pic of the catalytic converter later on.