Our new/old 75 Kermit Galant

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
tiggerdude

Our new/old 75 Kermit Galant

Post by tiggerdude »

Just purchased ourselves a neat little 75 Galant Sedan, needing some tlc, rust repairs here n there & new coat of paint. heres our progress pics from the day we bought it home till now... 5 nights worth of work & not much sleep but well on our way...

after the next pic is where we started by removing the vinyl roof & last of the side chrome strips

now down to the shell, motor still A1 just the body to get new doors, boot & passenger side front guard & cutting the rest of the rust out before the new coat of paint will go on.
Tj.

Re: Our new/old 75 Kermit Galant

Post by Tj. »

Looks pretty clean. I'm starting to appreciate that colour green a bit more these days, if only because its original.
Speaking of which, if those side strips are made from stainless with a rubber insert don't scrap them. They're original and if you're not using them someone might appreciate them.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
tiggerdude

Post by tiggerdude »

No won't be scrapping the side steps, they're getting polished up. the body strips that bolt onto the doors n guards & from round the wheel arches will more than likely be not getting put back on as rust was behind some of them & we have a front sun visor for across the windscreen that won't be making a re-appearance once its repainted.

Would like to keep our eyes n ears open for a good set of dual webber carbies n manifold & extractors for the right price when the body is done... just needing the passenger front guard now & mabie a set of straight rust free bumper bars would be noice on the wish list... one step at a time though..

tiggerdude

Post by tiggerdude »

Our Kermit will be getting painted in Atomic Mica green (holden VE colour) so not soo bad to go from green to green,, but a better brighter green thats for sure,,, should stand out...
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I never paint a car that I own the same colour as what it was.
And I never paint one in an original colour either.

So I'm all for the colour change.

I myself do prefer the side strips and mouldings etc.. back on, but I will reserve judgement until I see the finished product.

Bumpers are getting harder and harder to find, I wish you well on your quest.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
tiggerdude

Post by tiggerdude »

Hubby has been busy stripping more of kermit & also installing an electronic push button boot release popper to the boot. although he had removed the boot had refitted to modify it for fitting the device. plus also aquiring part of the new panels to be fitted later after painting etc. but also a tune up which gave our 4cylinder a bit more horsepower considering it was only working on & off of 3 to begin with,,, now it literally can tear up the bitumen... ON OUR GARAGE FLOOR... grrrrrr as hubby demonstrated.... big kid he is... well progress dosen't sleep in our garage.. lol

as pictured the garage floor demonstrates the little kermit can do burnouts on the floor... arrrrggg

sum of the new doors & bonnet to go on,,, very very very grateful to have found these in such awesum condition... no rust repairs needed on these now just the colour change when the whole car gets painted.

heres the collection of the old pannels.

and pic of the electronic push button boot release,,, bit of new technology
as kermit sits out basking in the sun,,,
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

looks alot like my old gal. pretty tidy to. any more pics?
N/A ALL THE WAY
tiggerdude

Post by tiggerdude »

are u the fella who brought this this car from a mechanic in bris northside approx 2009
tiggerdude

Post by tiggerdude »

with a BIG thnx to the wife as my christmas pressy i now have a worked, and angry 4g32 complete with a jap 5 spd to go in after new yr....... 107hp at wheels so far..... pics will follow soon as i only have 10 days off work and am tryin to get body work done..... really need to get his body done before he gets the heart transplant......
tiggerdude

Post by tiggerdude »

Well i have now aqquired the last panel i needed... the bonnet..... big thanx to gus75 for hookin me up with 4 awesome rust free doors, bootlid and bonnet as well as his circuit car motor with jap 5spd..... its so vood to have another enthusiast out there to see my dreams come together :D
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Sound great mate! Would love to see how the engine goes! I have a worked g32 myself :)

And I bought a gc sedan a little while ago from a bloke in Alex hills north Brisbane..

To help identify whether this is my old car. I had a few things in it;

A custom parcel shelf with a mopar pentastar and "galant" written below it in the same font as the chrysler badge.

A sheet metal instrument cluster cover (dodgy as hell prototype)

Was an auto

A didn't in the right rear 1/4.

And that's mostly everything that would be different to any other galant :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
75gus

Post by 75gus »

No worries mate.
just get the bloody thing going lol I want to hear it running again.
Use hiace engine mounts or you will keep tearing the stock ones, i dont think I gave you any of them.
Did I give you the gearbox xmember with the modded mount? you will need that too if I didn't.
Are you going to paint the shell yellow now :P