Triton EFI Conversion

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
amehel0

Re: Triton EFI Conversion

Post by amehel0 »

This really has made a positive difference, the car is alot more responsive and aggressive. I also put on a big muffler which quietens it down aloy but now it sounds like a boxer when i accelerate. Cost alot to do it but im glad i did and i really look forward to having this car turbo'd. However my next mods will be brakes and suspension as well as bigger injectors pump and a surge tank and also earls hoding and i want to tidy the bay up. Then ill get a donor car or a new body and ill put on the turbo at the same time. Going PWR intercooler 600x300 with 3' in and out.Should make for a nice sleeper. Will have a nice sleek tonneau and 15x8 on the front and 15x10's on the back. black deep dish rims and a locked or maybe LSD diff. Gonna keep the Interior in it original Except a couple of Speakers, head unit and the bucket seats.
owtriton

Post by owtriton »

Looks good mate, well done :thumpsup:
amehel0

Post by amehel0 »

lol got defected ha. cops thought the 5 or 6" tip muff was too loud but it was heaps quieter. they also didn't like that the dash was missing. id cut off all the protruding metal plus there was no air bag at all from factory. so all that needs doing is get a new dash and get a muff plus a few new lights remove the spotty on the mirror. i wasnt gonna fix it but i will so i have a car till i find a body.
amehel0

Post by amehel0 »

its kinda funny i never gave s@#$ about the body or interior. well i fixed the body but then went bush bashing the stupid crap ya do when your young ey! i spent a heap on the engine towards 7k. now im broke haha cars! thats alright ill get more work in summer
bob52

Post by bob52 »

Hi Everyone,

I know its been a while since this thread was active but I'm looking into doing a similar 4g54 efi conversion onto a manual '84 triton 4wd and I'm trying to get my head arround the issues involved.

Yesterday I pulled a the parts I think I need from a TR wreck (including the head just in case). However doner ecu is an auto and despite much reading I'm still unclear on how to go about leaving the auto gearbox sensors, speedo sensor, inhibitor switch etc and air con sensors, off the ecu.

amehel0, you successfully did the same thing using an automatic doner 18 months ago, so it can be done, but can anyone point me to a guide to the wiring needed?

The link to the Magna manual posted elsewhere in this thread is now dead, but for anyone interested, I've found a copy of the manual at http://fileshare7310.depositfiles.com/a ... Manual.pdf .

Cheers,

Bob

amehel0 wrote:Hey guys n gals, thought id post up some shots and info of my Triton EFI conversion. Ill start off with some info:

Car: 1992 Mitsubishi MH Triton
Engine: 2.6L N/A M25 Head.
Gearbox: R5M21 5spd Manual.
Mods: Weber ADM 34, Big Muffler, removed bench seat replaced with 1 recliner working on a second, removed dash and most trim as well as fans and heater.

Basically i crashed it a couple of times and its bogged up well. its a hunk of junk but i love it and its a joy to drive and work on. so it looks like crap which is great because ive yet to be pulled over. Im doing the efi conversion and since i can find very few detailed posts or threads or picture i thought id document mine to help other people looking to do the conversion.

So far ive done the following:
Bought a tr magna, ripped the engine out and all the wiring for the ecu.
ive pulled the head off that engine and taken it to the engine place and they will check all the tolerances and clean it up. ive switched the throttle body over to the other side of the plenum. im going to to a head swap rather then just inlet swap because the head is an m6. all the inlet manifold and vac lines were clogged with carbon and wet oil. so everythings been stripped down and cleaned. ive got to get the fuel lines off the magna i already have the fuel pump. i need to run fuel lines on the triton and sort out the wiring(headache). i will post pics up tommorow of some of the stuff ive done.

Questions:

Do i need to run the magna speedo and rpm or is that only for cruise control.
Do i need to have all the a/c relays and crap or can i just have the injectors sensors and fuel pump connected to the ecu ?
Does it need to have the inhibitor switch connected or can it run unconnected?