MY 72 GA G-LANT BUILD :)

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
72GalantGirl

Re: MY 72 GA G-LANT BUILD :)

Post by 72GalantGirl »

Yeah getting there mate!!
Have just found out it was the Deluxe version with the chrome trims and whatnot. After talking to the previous owner. But means I have to find more parts lol. Ah well back to it.. Should have the interior painted and new brake line in the next few weeks then it is off to have the glove box made, outside painted and interior trim redone and rego'd by her birthday MAY 2012!! :)

Its not about how much you spend.... Its about how much of the work you did yourself!!! :)
72GalantGirl

Post by 72GalantGirl »

Well this sucks.....

Everything has ground to a stop, brake shop can't fit her in as per discussed!
Custom metal fabrication shut their doors and plastics repair guys don't do custom stuff!!!!

Looks like I am going to have to play with some fiberglass to make a surround.

Haven't been working on the car much as business has been busy as but I have been working on the sound equipment...
I must say I loved the look of the picnic baskets and old school suitcase sub boxes, so I went on a short trip out of town and found an awesome picnic basket!!

I was trying to go for the colours that will be similar to the final colour of the car, most people wouldn't be thinking of audio before it's finished but that's what we do for a living! We wanted something cool and different that we could display in the car shows for business and for personal Chrysler days. After realising that the lid needed to be picked off the basket we were looking everywhere for a cane person (Only to realise the furniture restorer next door to our workshop was a cane furniture restorer :L) HAHA

I made the insert myself (please excuse my sewing skills) LOL.
The interior fabric is going to be under the fiberglass and resin so you can't see light through the basket!

Should get to do the glassing this week while we have it out so tomorrow onto making the seat for the 10inch sib to go in.
Didn't want anything to big in the car as I am not going for SPL at all, lol.
But I actually found a decent 10inch sub that is teal in colour and has a chrome ring so it should go nicely with the rest of the car. Yet to decide what to do with the amp maybe just a tiny 1 channel in somewhere....

Its not about how much you spend.... Its about how much of the work you did yourself!!! :)
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

hey mate, any updates on her? how'd you go with the glovebox insert?
N/A ALL THE WAY