2 x 2 door 4g32 twin cams (2x2x2)

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
dang

2 x 2 door 4g32 twin cams (2x2x2)

Post by dang »

I thought you guys might be interested in our current builds. My Dad and I are currently replacing the 4g32 in our hillclimb car with a rebuilt 4g32 twin cam as seen below. The old motor put out 120rwhp and won a couple of QLD titles and got a couple of seconds at Nationals. We are hoping for a few more ponies at the wheels with the twink.

The motor has had a full rebuild and we have retained the original head specs. It flowed about 170hp on a bench after the tidy up. It will be running 42mm Webbers and a custom exhaust manifold and be backed by a 4 speed box and a 4.6 works LSD.

This motor is going in another two door Lancer that will be built for Classic Rally events. We are planning on putting together a very neat replica car in the Andrew Cowan colours. I will try to update this post as often as possible.

Dan
2 x LA 2 Dr
3 x LA 4 Dr
1 x LB 4 Dr
2 x 4G32 Twin Cams
colta51

Re: 2 x 2 door 4g32 twin cams (2x2x2)

Post by colta51 »

i love it!!! looks great mate.. so can you still get stuff to rebuild these heads..? think people wood like to no...
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
woops

Post by woops »

I can actually remember striking up a conversation your dad at Kellys Wrecking a few months ago when he getting some parts for your Lancers. He mentioned about how you guys actually had 2 of the twin cam 4g32's there. Looking good there. I'd come along to the next meet you're at just to see and hear the twin cam there. I'd be pretty cool to see you at the next jap car show too if you are free at all to come along for a chat.

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 862#p54862
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

i love this head sound!!!

GS/R power
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

Hey Dan,

Hows our old white LA 2 door rallycar doing? I'm guessing thats it sitting under the cover????

Cheers Andrew
dang

Post by dang »

Andrew,

Good to hear from you. Yep, still sitting there but it's about to get a birthday. I'm going to try and keep this thread updated with pictures and a few words. We ended up picking up another Twin Cam 4g32 so we are going to run that in it, and i have found a RX2 diff and have a mate getting RX7 series 3 ratios/ centres from the states. Have you had any experience with the 24 spline axels from the smaller Mazda diffs. I recall that you guys ran the 28 spline RX4 axels. I have also been meaning to ask you about lexan/ perspex windows that I thought you might have as I'm pretty keen to keep the weight down in it. Speak to you soon.

Dan
2 x LA 2 Dr
3 x LA 4 Dr
1 x LB 4 Dr
2 x 4G32 Twin Cams
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

Good to here all is progressing well.

The 24 spline axles should be fine for the small motor, but use the 26(S3 RX7) or 28 spline (13B RX4) for 2lt or above. 26 spline will also give you the correct stud pattern 4x114.3 and only came out in the series 3 RX7 ('84/'85). The only drama is at 1420mm wide you need to run flares.

Search on here for hoonboy's lc rally car build. I've bought that car as a roller and am preping it as a tarmac rally car. RX4 diff is installed, along with R32 GTR brakes front and rear. It goes to the panel beater this weekend for a few tweaks and then back to my fabricator for fuel tank, seats, panhard rod, rose-jointed front end and maybe even a rack & pininon steering conversion and a few other small jobs.

I still have the polycarbonate windows ready to go for an LA 2 door, but will probably cut them down for the LC.

The best part is I can run the 2.6l at Targa, as long as its bagded as a Plymouth Fire Arrow......... Time to give the esky's and datsuns a hard time!
Mischif

Post by Mischif »

Is the twin cam head belt or chain driven? If its belt driven can it be swapped onto a single cam belt driven block?