HEMI26's dB Drag Scorpo

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
HEMI26

HEMI26's Scorpo

Post by HEMI26 »

Caribean Garden's

Before n after hitting the roo just out of bendigo :( picking up a GH PWS

Sandown Race course Sandown 500
Sat
My wiring was a lil messy this weekend as i ran out of time and had to rush it :@

Vic Finals Street trunk qualify

Sun

I come 2nd place with a 145.2dB in the Vic finals but got beaten by a someone from Canberra which is no. 2 in stock trunk in Aus which done a 146.2dB I should have come 1st due to being Vic finals :facepalm: so atm I'm currently the loudest Victorian in my class and 1st Victorian to brake the 145 barrier which was only just broken at 2013 Summernats 9 months ago... by a Qld'r.
Aus finals I'll be aiming for high 140s and possibly the 150 barrier which I'm 80% sure it'll be broken @ the Aus finals in Goulbourn Nov

Best things about the past few w/e's was all the ppl that came up to have a chat about the car, the kids that loved the old Mitsu, few ppl that didn't know what it was lol and a few ppl that asked "what the fk are you running this on" due to smelling fumes my reply was E85 then wanted to know what was done to it... due to it idling lumpy :P
Current Cars
-GJ Scorpo Turbo (Current Project)
-VQ SV90 #098 (Finished)
-74 RX3 12A Coupe (13B Extend Port)
-HR31 Passage GT (New daily) 4 Sale inbox for details

Some Old cars
-RX8
-VQ (Slammed on 19's)
-GL Scorpo (Immac std 58000ks)
-GK Scorpo N/A H/C (RIP 146.8rwhp)
HEMI26

Re: HEMI26's dB Drag Scorpo

Post by HEMI26 »

Update since my last post rather than getting rid of weight i've been adding it, more power was needed so 4 new 1000cca/100ah batterys have made there way into the scorp, sound deadener has been installed through out the whole boot, i still have to do the deadening for the rear parcel shelf and doors though as im currently trying to get rid of the vibrations atm from the tail light's, filler panal and number plate which has been a pain trying to do so...
ImageImage
ImageImage

I'm currently doing mid 147dB's with the current setup but planing on braking the 150dB mark before the end of the year.
Current Cars
-VQ SV90 #098 (Finished)

Some Old cars
-RX8
-VQ (Slammed on 19's)
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

Thats awesome. I would never have considered a Scorpion as an SPL car due to the side windows. In my mind they would flex too much and you would just be wasting energy, so the fact that you are pushing over 147db is a pretty amazing achievement.
HEMI26

Post by HEMI26 »

C_Fernance wrote:Thats awesome. I would never have considered a Scorpion as an SPL car due to the side windows. In my mind they would flex too much and you would just be wasting energy, so the fact that you are pushing over 147db is a pretty amazing achievement.
cheers dude 8-) , the scorpion is a pretty solid car for what it is alot of the newer cars have weaker steel, i found my SV90 was harder to get it load and flexed a heap more than the scorpo even tho its a bigger car....
Current Cars
-VQ SV90 #098 (Finished)

Some Old cars
-RX8
-VQ (Slammed on 19's)
HEMI26

Post by HEMI26 »

Some updated pic's

Since the last update the dB scorpo has been going through another build chasing the 150dB mark, everyting has been upgraded or changed to get these numbers i'm chasing :P anyway here's some more pic's :thumpsup:
Current Cars
-VQ SV90 #098 (Finished)

Some Old cars
-RX8
-VQ (Slammed on 19's)