Kens 4G63 GC Galant - Finally painted!

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
75wagon
Admin

Re: kens GC 4g63 sedan - *lots of pics

Post by 75wagon »

That bottom one is a Lancer Hatch wheel, btw, the centre is upside down.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
duanepurcell1

Post by duanepurcell1 »

doin a similar project runnin a vr4 motor in a gj sigma i have a wolf 3d ver 3 how do i go about runnin the cas sensor do you have any tips thanks
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

na sorry mate, i didnt install the wolf ecu. and it was done dodgy anyway by previous owner so wouldnt trust the wiring. i had engine bay rewired and a haltech ecu installed instead. sorry im no help :$
vrooooom vrooooom!!
turbosigma

Post by turbosigma »

duanepurcell1 wrote:doin a similar project runnin a vr4 motor in a gj sigma i have a wolf 3d ver 3 how do i go about runnin the cas sensor do you have any tips thanks
You will need to mod the trigger disk - an extra hole - needs the sync / reference signal.

Top work Ken.
galantproject

Post by galantproject »

Hey mate how did you do your white tacho background?? Cheers matt
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

i didnt do it mate. was like that when i bought the car. assumed it was standard. will try have a closer look in next few days and see if i can give you any tips

my skyline had the same thing done and they just pulled the gauges out and put new paper cutouts in front of the old ones. those ones looked a bit tacky but the galant ones are sweet.
vrooooom vrooooom!!
A112H

Post by A112H »

On the Galant dash the numbers are raised so all I did with mine was paint it silver and then with a fine brush I painted the numbers and stuff.
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

thought id post a quick pic of the new daily. wanted something cheap to drive but i can still have some fun in

and a huge thanks to 84GKSIG for cleaning up my rims. polished and removed 99% of rash. more than pleased with them. will try get new tyres next month when pay come through again

vrooooom vrooooom!!
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

also forgot to add that i now have an alarm, stereo, and central locking done on the front doors. more peace of mind, pleasure, and laziness :thumpsup: done by GT autosound in adelaide. they did an awesome job and they did an alarm on my skyline few years back too.
vrooooom vrooooom!!
Hotwire

Post by Hotwire »

Wheels look good Ken. I still haven't had a chance to get the sedan back of the mother-in-law to check the seats out, and driving all the way to Grange is just not possible when i gotta pickup my son each night, sorry!
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

love the rims they look a little like ssr's.

just need an inch more dish and some stretched rubber over them :thumpsup:
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

A112H

Post by A112H »

kenvv wrote:GT autosound in adelaide.
LOL, I have known George and Theo for more than 20 years now, great guys that really know their stuff. I could share a story or two, but I am sure they could too, lol
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

na thats no worries lee, im more keen to get the other ones out of my room. i have standard ones back in there for now.

they are kind of like the mk one ssr's. i was looking at a set of them for a while but these were cheaper.

yeh jason, if you see george around ask him about my car. he seemed fair stoked but as with all reports so far about it he said it was a pain to work on. did a really good price for me and a great job still though. so im pleased and actually have music now to listen to. :thumpsup:

i still have to get the hole in the firewall for the CAS covered up properly and get the hole where they mounted the supra box welded over aswell. air cruises through them spots and heats up the cabin like an oven and not to mention the odd bit of engine fumes. getting a new induction welded up too. just an elbow so i can mount the pod not directly on the turbo. i have also bought a turbo beanie and need to get the exhaust heat wrapped and a sheild welded up like on the sigmas. clutch and brake fluid containers are starting to melt being so close to the exhaust.....it never ends
vrooooom vrooooom!!
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

got some replacement leafs and shocks from a fellow member. ive installed the "new" pedders shocks. and kept the red bushes that were in the old shocks. was wondering if they were nolathane?

the new leafs have only 2 leafs each where as mine have 4. im assuming mine have been switched and modified at some stage. but they sit way to low. the diff sits about 1.5"from the bump stops. tried swapping the leafs over but one bolt was seized on. will get them changed soon hopefully so hoping it raises it slightly.

also had a look at my drivetrain. looks strong :thumpsup:

vrooooom vrooooom!!
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

did a few odd jobs today, finally got my 4" induction put together. didnt like having the pod mounted directly on the turbo. doing all the little things ive been wanting to do for a while

and also made a bracket and whatnot to cover the whole in the tunnel from the supra gearbox and attach a gearboot to clean it up

vrooooom vrooooom!!
A112H

Post by A112H »

Very neat, coming along well mate
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

cheers mate, going to get measured up tomorrow for new tyres. so hopefully order them in and rolling on new tread and rims in a few days
vrooooom vrooooom!!
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

painted the new hotwires today. used the spray on wheel paint thats temp rated. hopefully it sticks ok. still have to clean up the lip where had it masked off. undecided yet on wether to rub the face of the spokes back and the circle around the centre. making them original looking. trying to track down some centrecaps soon. and the semi slicks will be getting taken off. they were on there when i bought them and are old so want to replace them.

vrooooom vrooooom!!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Yep leave them like this.
Hotwires look cool as like this :thumpsup:

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

cheers dave. yeh i do like them how they are. see how they look on the car. need to buy new bolts as the bolt holes on these rims are a few mm bigger so the wheel is "loose" on the hub. going to run 195/60/14 rears and 185/60/14 fronts. had them on a hoist on the car and they reckon thats the max i can run without scrubbing for certain. dont wana buy bigger to not be able to use them
vrooooom vrooooom!!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

What's the sizing on them?
EDIT: I see that they say 14x7 on the rim, but what is the offset? If you don't know can you measure the backspacing?
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

its a bit shit trying to measure with a tyre on but around the +8 to +12 mark.
vrooooom vrooooom!!
webby

Post by webby »

Wheels look cool. As for offset, I've only ever seen them in +10 and +0 so it'll more than likely be one of those :thumpsup:
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

seems to be +10 then. cheers webby.

on another note ordered my new tyres today and bought larger diameter wheel nuts. i finally did my thermal wrapping of some of the dump pipe to stop melting my brake boosters. and then fitted the turbo beanie.

vrooooom vrooooom!!
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Man it's getting crowded in there! Looks like you couldn't fit a bigger brake booster even if you wanted to... I've said this before but- wagon rear springs? It'll raise your rear but make it feel more compliant. You may need to use blocks to bring it back down so it doesn't stand up like a monster truck though. Can't wait to see your next pics! :thumpsup:
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

yeh i remember that. i havent seen any galants down at u-pull-it lonsdale for months (except the rusty old one i ravaged as much as i could). if they are direct bolt in and i could track some down i would give the wagon leafs a shot. still got spare stock sedan leafs aside. one of the things on the list to get around to. cheers for the advice.
i work away half the time so whenever im home again i try and get as much done as possible depending on funding and laziness.
vrooooom vrooooom!!
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

They're a straight swap- 5 leaf. I used a set in my Lancer hatch after the driver's side leaf snapped. I was really freakin' lucky I was doing less than 40k's when it let go. I was also lucky I had a set of the wagon springs at home and they bolted up (I did however, need to grind off the locator discs on the Lancer diff to fit them). Nice and firm ride, helped turn in response a bit too.
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

maybe thats whats in the galant already then. it currently has a 5 leaf setup and was wondering what it could be from. but they have taken the bottom two leafs and flipped them and put them on top. maybe i could try put them back and see how it rides. reckon they will be shot though from being used in the wrong way for so long
vrooooom vrooooom!!
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

What about getting some leafs made up for it? Universal springs just out of adelaide could do it (if they're still around, haven't been past there in ages...)
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

yeh ive been told about a few leaf places around. i heard of someone getting leafs made for a corolla for around $450. something i will have to decide on at some stage
vrooooom vrooooom!!