Geoffs GE Sigma EFI Turbo Build

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
WagonWheel

Re: Geoffs GE Sigma EFI Turbo Build

Post by WagonWheel »

Ok so all the rear end is in. But having issues with getting tail shaft flange to suit jap diff while using the GE tail shaft. The scorp flange is way too wide to work with the uni on the GE shaft.
Ive rear that a GD wagon flange will work, so if anyone knows of any around, please let me know
webby

Post by webby »

Why not use the Scorpion tailshaft?
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Cause it was off an auto and its a 2 piece. Mines manual and doesnt have mount for centre bearing
webby

Post by webby »

Fair enough. I have a one-piece auto GJ tailshaft you can have for freight if it's any use to you?
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Thanks mate but I don't think it will be. Flange has to suit the scorp diff but also fit the uni of the GE shaft
webby

Post by webby »

No worries :)
Did you end up sticking with the 2L or going 2.6?
-Josh.
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

I'm going with the 2.6. Got it sitting in the shed. Just gotta save some coin and get it built once it's registered
karl_2ltgc

Post by karl_2ltgc »

Can you just knock the rear flange off the scorp and put it in with new uni joints on the sigma tailshaft?
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

That is basically what he is trying to do, however the Scorp flange uses different uni's. The Galant flange suits the Scorp diff (they are both jap diffs) and uses the same uni joints as a Sigma, making it a bolt-in job.
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Yeah, exactly right. The scorp flange is too big to fit onto the sigma shaft. And i cant use the scorp shaft.
Struggling to find the right flange though, can any one help me out at all? Or know of any places I might be able to buy one?
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Spose I should update this a bit.

Heres just some progress pics of the diff install.
Pretty much everything I took out I replaced with new. New bushes, new seals, new bearings, new shocks, new discs/pads etc etc.

Took my wheels in to get polished yesterday and fuck me dead they came out mint, and had them ready for me today to pick up. They look amazing!!! $300 later though, but def worth it.
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Finally got my drive shaft back, all modified to suit the scorp diff. Should have it all in and driving again on the weekend. Would be done tonight if it wasnt for all the rain, and the car being outside on stands. Shaft cost me $240.

ghuphill

Post by ghuphill »

sweet car mate i like the direction you are taking in this build,turbo rims allways look exelent and do the job on a gh ge sigma ,are you going to keep a standard look on the out side with paint ? ge sigs look awesome with nice paint and renewed chromework , some immaculate turbo wheels in my opinion would make sweet ride ,i realy belive in some cases less is more. :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Thanks mate. Yeah just going for a nice clean looking car, nothing too crazy. No kit or spoiler or anything, just the turbo bonnet vents, turbo wheels with white walls and venetians. Thats all. Oh and might remove the trolley strips on the sides, not too sure yet. Not a priority at the moment.
TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by TUFSIG »

Wheels came up mint man
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Yeah thanks man, every time i walk passed them i cant help but stare at how shiney they are. Need to get tyres asap.

So for updates: Tail shaft is in and car is driving again, thank god. Its looking very sorry though, its started to grow mould lol. Need to find more time to keep things clean.
Ive also picked up a granny visor for the old girl. Its brown at the moment so looks a bit stupid, obviously Ill have it colour coded to the body, heres a pic. Opinions welcome. Scored it for $50

WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Finally picked up a set of tyres for the turbo rims last week. Got a full set of brand new bridgestone 205/50/R15 for $320.
Will be getting them on the rims shortly, then time to get a roady. Been dragging my feet a bit with it due to lack of funds, thanks for rego and insurance :(
2DIE

Post by 2DIE »

The visor looks sweet, it gives a nice sleeper look.
But that will disappear a little once the rims go on it.
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Thanks bud.

Finally got some spare time today as well, got the tyres put on the rims, fixed the brake bleeders, bled the brakes, ordered new front pads for rwc, gave her a half decent wash.
Went to put the rims on, and fail!!!! Either you need special wheel nuts for these rims, or you need extra long wheel studs to fit them on, can any one please clarify for me? I want to get them on asap.
Also finally got around the removing the hideous rusty old tow bar it had on it. Looks heaps better without it.
Please excuse the horrible scorp rims, they are the only rims ive got at the moment that hold air in the tyres, tyres are brand new, so looks like theyll be good for skids once the motors done :)

geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Those rims used a special wheel nut with a long collar that seats into the stud holes. Same as old cheviot/roh wheels.
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Picked up the right nuts finally, got the wheels on. And wow...... need new springs asap!!!! Will be first on the agenda when its registered.
Center caps arent on yet cause im waiting to get the globe stickers made up for them.

A112H

Post by A112H »

That looks super clean and tidy but yeah, could use some low, lol
Going to be a sweet sleeper when done, good job man :thumpsup:
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

now thats a tuff sleeper..awsome job buds!
and like pier said in previous posts,less is often more..good work mate! :thumpsup:
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Thanks guys, I want it to have some old school rake so the front will come down a fair bit but only a little bit in the ass.
What do you guys think about the trolley strips on the sides? Stay or go? Im thinking they have to go at the moment.
A112H

Post by A112H »

I am thinking they gotta go too
Sigmoe

Post by Sigmoe »

lookin good!!! :thumpsup: needs a drop asap!!
TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by TUFSIG »

turbos came up a treat mate
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

ddt

Post by ddt »

What do you guys think about the trolley strips on the sides? Stay or go? Im thinking they have to go at the moment.
I say keep em! They help break up the sides and make the car appear longer, lower and flatter. The effect is more obvious on say a scorpion which doesn't have the strong panel crease line running down the side that the sigmas do but still..
IMO old-school cars with lots of chome trim around the windows etc look a bit odd with large expanses of bare panels and look best when all badges and trim are in place.

Maybe Photoshop them out first and see what you think?
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
GrannyGC

Post by GrannyGC »

Wheels look awesome!!! I have a set for my Galant, where did you find the center caps for them?
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

Any updates on this car?
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989