Geoffs GE Sigma EFI Turbo Build

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
ddt

Re: Geoffs GE Sigma EFI Turbo Build

Post by ddt »

actually, how DO you get it out of a sedan?? Do you have to roll it up in the car or something?
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Not quite. It's a real pain in the ass trying not to crease it but you ave to bend it a bit. And I managed to get it out the drivers door. But had to take the seat out to get it back in again
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Got another few bits in the mail today.

Facet lift pump - $20

And denso 550cc injectors - $150

Half way through stripping the red crap off the wheels then they are going in to get polished up, and front bumpers off the car now and will be getting re-chromed when the wheels go in as well. Then tyres, then rego, then the fun stuff.... well after ive got all the bits and pieces i need.
GLANT

Post by GLANT »

WagonWheel wrote:Latest thing in the mail $260

Thats nice!! happy with the quality? how thick is it???
Nice GE by the way!!! :D :D :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
1972 GA GALANT/COLT, with a VR4 4G63T 151kw atw :-)
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Thanks mate, yeah happy with how it feels/looks, cant comment on how it lasts or performs yet though as its not being used yet.
Will get thickness measurements when i get a chance
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Got my new front bumper today, looks mint. $165. Much better than the old lol.

Old:

New:
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

That should look the business on it :thumpsup:

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Just got inlet manifold in mail today, thermostat relocated and throttle facing forward. $150

WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Picked up a Bosch 044 for the old girl too. $180

TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by TUFSIG »

will do the job thats what im running
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Newest addition, Sorry about the shit photo, ill get some better pics of the actual car soon when i get time to give it a wash and polish.
Set me back $230 posted.

ddt

Post by ddt »

nice venetians!
Isn't that bumper for an SE? did it come with the rubber strip?
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

The bumper is the same as what came off it. It had a black rubber strip on it but I'm leaving it off. It looks shit
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

she is all coming together..how did you go with the pistons??any luck from the states?
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Thanks mate. Gotta find a 4g54 then work out what size pistons I need. Still not sure whether to go mild with hypers or go forged rods an pistons. Dunno how far I wanna go yet
TUFSIG

Post by TUFSIG »

im running hypers and i can tell you that they can handle 220rwkw on 17psi

however i wouldnt want to push it much more im planing on going forged once i get bored of my current motor
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Yeah sweet dude, planning on running up to about 15 psi, maybe 17 if i get bored. But im sure 220rwkw in a car that weighs just under a tonne wont be too boring. But then again my clubby is pushing 250rwkw + and i find it boring now :(
TUFSIG

Post by TUFSIG »

it will go hard but yeah i have the 3000gt so that clouds me aswell lol it only has 200awkw and im like MORE POWER lol
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Latest update, picked it up from the post office today.

Another head, which im not going to use. I will be using the M7 head i have, but this ones got brand new double valve springs and hardened shims, and also a camtech 709a stage 3 turbo cam. $300
Next step is to find a 4g54 and then size up what pistons i need, if anyone has one for sale let me know. Finding it hard to get time to go to the wreckers lately

WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

And another update, bought this scorpion to get the 4g54 out of and the diff as well. Set me back $500. I only need the motor and diff so if anyone wants anything else, let me know other wise its going to scrap metal.
Only done 86,000 k's. Motor runs well and is nice and clean. Will be getting rebuilt though, but still havnt decided if im going forged rods and pistons or just hyperuetectic pistons. Wallet is starting to get a bit injured lol.

TUFSIG

Post by TUFSIG »

ill buy the rolling shell man i need the panels and shit for my scorpion ill send you a PM
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

TR11KY

Post by TR11KY »

subscribes to thread!!! LOL awesome man! im so stoked to see this and some very nice items coming together! She should look awesome when done in the ge tough!

that exhaust manifold looks hot! a nicely sized turbo by looks of it should perform well. The aftermarket ecu good call, larger wastegate also great call., new inlet manifold adjustments are bulk winners too as you know im a fan of it! tp modified like that and thermostat at front just looks so hot nice stock look.

im impressed most with the under car surge tank. I seriously wanted on but never did it. The roof lining too god that looks the trick!

injectors n lift pump they look familiar lol!

Comp wise i run 8.2:1 with hyperutectic pistons and only 16psi of boost for 220rwkw. Will be only wound up to 18psi for final boost but im pushing my hypatek's up near or beyond 300rwkw so dont suck the forgy crap.... If your not running high boost the forgy's are wasted dollars imo. Are you looking for mild setup for final tune? coz the drivetrain did not take mine well at all.... i assure you 220rwkw out of an astron in a sigma is good power it's as you say going to be fun fun!

Good luck with the build keep us informed mate im keen to see it come along :-)
Factory Sigma Turbo #445 - TR11KY
220rwkw @ 15psi daily driver/project

Factory Sigma Turbo #500
under restoration
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Thanks for the kind words mate, I really cant wait to get this thing going. Ive just been flat out lately, and ive got too many hobbies and projects going on at once. But slowly gathering all the bits i need.
I pulled the 2.6 out of the scorpion yesterday, and while i had it in the scorp i quickly trial fitted the manifold and turbo to check for clearance with brake booster and what not. It fits all good which made me happy, will look soo tuff when its all done. Ill chuck some pics up later after work.

What issues did you have with the driveline? Mine will have the jap 5sp with a good clutch and a scorp diff... Any suggestions would be awesome
TUFSIG

Post by TUFSIG »

The Setup i have atm when it was in my scorpion was making 217rwkw on 17psi and i had a cushion button clutch with stazza 5 speed with the hydrolic clutch converstion and stock open scorp diff and it was fine
jap 5 speed might struggle depending on how you drive it
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Yeah sweet, hopefully itll be alright, ill treat it good lol.

Been pretty busy with the scorp, motors out, and pulled the diff out this arvo. Hopefully going to get diff swapped in the siggy this weekend. Really need to get off my ass and finish polishing my turbo rims and get tyres on them so i can get the thing regod.
Pulled the sump off the motor just to check it out see roughly what condition its in. Despite the dirty oil, it looks pretty tidy in there, i didnt pull bearing caps or anything off though. Oil pickup was spotless though which was good. Its going to get rebuilt anyway so it doesnt really matter.

Will be getting new discs and pads and bushes tomorrow, and also diff gasket and new oil.

While motor was still in the scorp i decided to quickly just the manifold and turbo on just to get clearance for brake booster etc. All looks good.
TR11KY

Post by TR11KY »

i hear you man, im the same. lately my kart seems to be taking all my funds so ive been chipping away alot slower than i had expected. The project can delay if it has too but the karting is my sport so i just keep putting the sigma back.

You seem to be coming along quickly though ;-)

Drive train and me have not had fun. I had a borg warner 5 speed as factory siggy t's always did and it died shortly after i installed it. Now i run a toyota supra w58 box and its fine. The diff im converting now to hilux after blowing another Hopefully you dont have any issues. IMO always make the clutch the weak point in upgrades like this. Brass button, twin and serious clutches will hold brilliantly but put the loads straight onto the box and diff. If you have doubts on the driveline it may be wise to have slightly slippy clutch in the early days to lighten some of the load...

it aint the kW that shreds em it's the Nm and these astrons when boosted make alot of it!
Factory Sigma Turbo #445 - TR11KY
220rwkw @ 15psi daily driver/project

Factory Sigma Turbo #500
under restoration
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Got around to getting the old bushes out today so put the new ones in.
Picked up all new nolathane bushes for the rear end, new dba rotors, and bendix pads, and new pinion seal. Came to about $230 all up.
Got bushes in today, diff and all the brakes and everything should be all finished by the weekend Im hoping.

WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Been chipping away slowly with the rear end but keep getting held up by ordering parts etc. But understandably people dont keep much on the shelf for sigmas/scorps these days.
Scorpion diff is in with all the nolathane bushes. It is actually a GH 10 bolt diff, i thought it was GE at first but I was wrong. It was such a bitch to get it in as all the bushes were an insanely tight fit. But its in.
Then I got bored today while waiting for new shocks, so pulled diff centre out to inspect, and clean, and also decided to put new bearings and seals in which I should get tomorrow. Diff centre looks very tidy, not a mark on the gears at all. Not quite sure what ratio it is though because it wasnt stamped on the crown wheel. It had a sticker on the housing though that had jap writing, then 3,308. So thinking maybe its 3.08:1 or 3.308:1. If any one can confirm for me that would be good. Was an auto GH scorp it came out of.

Heres the scorp diff in:

Quickly gathering a hord of old crap!
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

Diff will be 3.308:1. All 10 bolt Scorp diffs used this ratio. Only the 8 bolt diffs from the GE were different.
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Sweet, thanks for that mate