ISKA8's MITSUBISHI SIGMA GK GSR TURBO BUILD...ENGINE SOLD!!

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
A112H

Re: ISKA8's SIGMA GK GSR TURBO....98% COMPLETE..

Post by A112H »

It is caused by traction, once the wheels are spinning faster there is no traction so the tramp stops. Depends what you want from the car, if you want it a crazy slider chuck some narrower or cheap tyres on it so they wont try to bite at slow spinning speeds
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

cheers jason thats sounds like some logic...atm im running 205/65/15 ..ill try run something a little smaller and see what happens :thumpsup:
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

ISKA8 wrote:hey guys just thought id ask some of you guys some advise into AXLE TRAMP.?? ive noticed once i welded my diff i try do get the wheels spinning and im getting alot of axle tramp??
Hmm.. I always thought that axle tramp was confined to leaf spring rear ends.. :\

This is because the springs bend up into an "S" shape, which screws up the tailshaft geometry.

I'd be checking your rear shocks/springs..

Cheers.
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

yea it is caused by a fight between traction and loss of traction, but the tramp itself is initiated by loose points in your driveline as they load up and release from your diff rotating, and each loose point only exacerbates the problem further, you could need new tougher bushes or stiffer shocks, it could even be a dud engine mount but that's usually a slightly rougher type of axle tramp :P (and if you keep axle tramping you will most likely break an engine mount if not your driveline) . It really depends on what you want to do with the car as stiffening up the rear end won't really do wonders for you if you aim to hold traction lol

Have you tried heel toeing it in first and not rev dumping it? Because this works for my galant, it's hard to explain but it doesn't spike as much load for it to release and create the chain reaction like when you rev dump it.

But in general, both more and less revs will stop axle tramp. Leaf springs are a whole other story >_< they twist and you can't really stop that without tramp rods or a 2 link setup
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

yea it kinds of works the same way superscan, the housing rotates until it reaches a point where it can't go any further and that's when the tyre will slip and the housing snaps back into place and then because the housing rotates backwards you gain traction again and it starts all over again :P that's why spinning them faster stops tramp because they can't grab traciton again as the wheels are spinning too fast the only sure fire way to stop axle tramp is to stop the diff housing from rotating with a link setup even then a weak spot will cause tramp >_<
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

the worse cause is a badly angled diff, it's very painful for your driveline >_<
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

cheers for that dvsfin..im really not wanting any traction at all,so im going to try putting thinner tyres on the car first and see what happens.in saying that a freind of mine was having the same trouble (and as you said),he lowered the car it it pretty much stop it aswell ? i know the car has very soft suspension?
i will try the heel and toe method and ill let you know?
MY NEW TOY F6310
A112H

Post by A112H »

You don’t necessarily need narrower tyres; lower profile will have the same effect. They have less sidewall flex and will let go a lot easier. A 205/55 would be my choice
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

sweet jason,thanks alot ill do that asap and see how she goes! :thumpsup:
just thought id say although it axle tramps in 1st,once 2nd gear is in she is bloody melting the tyres,ohh how good it feels to be frying tyres again..
she does very good power slides just by sticking it on the throttle in 2nd doing 60kmh,fun! :P
MY NEW TOY F6310
ISKA8

Re: ISKA8's MITSUBISHI SIGMA GK GSR TURBO BUILD...

Post by ISKA8 »

OK guys,just a quick update on the car and some news i have to tell you's aswell.
well firstly i have solved the axle tramp problem by putting some 14"stockies and 185/60/14.worked out a treat :thumpsup:
here are some pics of the day when i took her out for some tyre shredding.. :lol: she done well,i have some vids but i dont think i can add them through tinypic?? ill see how it goes..(dont wanna put them on youtube as ive got my reg plates on and dont know how to edit and blurr them out).still a couple of things to go on the car like: put the rear drivers side mould on(ran out of double sided tape),put brand new windscreen and fit all the window moulds,all badges to go back on and ive just purchased a alloy radiator so thats going in as well.. :D

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

now for the bad news, :facepalm: as ive had the pleasure if meeting some you guys,spoken over the phone,purchased something or even emailed you,just want to say thanks for all your help over the time of my build..i am currently in the middle of closing my buisness down as i have just purchased a new tow truck..in the process of me buying the truck my daughter has been very unwell and it has been going on for some time.as some of you that know already im in a situation that my little princess cannot be helped here in australia.that means we have to travel to denmark as they reckon the surgeons there are second to none.i wont discuss whats happened with my daughter but its very serious..now im telling you guys as i count most of yous as my freinds aswell as my mates outside the forum.the situation is as it stands,i have closed my mobile detailing buisness and still in the process of buying the tow truck but still means i have to stay in melbourne for now,to sell the van,bike,jetski and as its been a topsy tervy ride the sigma aswell..please im not asking for any favours or any donations,just want your hearts and prayers to be with my daughter..she will be leaving on thursday this week and i will follow the moment i get everything sold..i will post a for sale thread very soon,just sorting out my kids school,packing,and of course getting everything ready to go up for sale.as much fun it has been and having so many more plans for her,it wasnt ment to be..alot of people know that i was itching to go for a cruise with some members on her,it still ight happen if the sigma hasnt sold by then.still like to catch up and meet some of you guys anyway,with or without the sigma.im pretty sure some of you guys will look at my build thread and sometimes wonder why i post messages at like 3,4,5am,well my daughters illness doesnt allow any sleep for us but fingers crossed everything pans out for my little princess..god willing!
id like to thank the following people i have grown to know and who have helped me on and off the forum.....

GHUPHILL-PIER , HEMI2.6-DAVE , 75WAGON-DAVE , A112H-JASON , TMV006-AZZA , GLANT-PETE , KROHNY-NATHAN , VR4RETROFIT-LEIGH , SIKMA-TOMMY , GC75-VAUGHN , THERE ARE MORE IM SURE ...THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART GUYS.CHEERS AND ILL KEEP IN TOUCH OVER THE COMING DAYS.
MY NEW TOY F6310
A112H

Post by A112H »

Harry you made me :(
Glad to have been some help mate, it has been an amazing build and it will be very sad to loose both you and the Sigma but family must always come first.
I wish your Daughter all the very best mate and hope she returns to full health ASAP.
If I can help in any way do not hesitate to ask.

All the best
Jason

Edit: Those Pintara wheels might make it spin smoothly but they are a defect waiting to happen.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

So very sorry to hear, i hope all goes well for you and your family and my condolences are with you!

Can't believe how your selling the sigma so soon, just goes to show things can change at any given time! :|
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

So sorry to hear. Tough enough being a dad and facing the day to day stuff without seeing one of your kids suffering. Put in a good fight, our thoughts will be with you. Stay in touch dude! ;-)
unique10

Post by unique10 »

sorry to hear the bad news mate, i can only imagine how heartbreaking it can be to have a loved one who is ill, and how much it sucks that there may be help out there but as greedy as the world can be money has to be an issue. i love your car mate, its made me love sigmas and i use your car to convince people to want sigmas too. i hope you get every dollar you want for it and more, and i wish you all the best.
TVM006

Post by TVM006 »

Harry, What a journey!
I am so happy about how your Sigma has come out (H)

Your an awesome bloke (you remind me of one of my mates that I went to school with). *Good Heart*
Had some great laughs, glad we met!
I can proudly say that I contributed to your build...
As one Sigma perishes another rises in all it's glory.

Very heartbreaking to hear news such as yours, I dearly hope your daughter gets the treatment she needs and recovers 100%

Feel free to give be a buzz if you need anything, I'm serious.

GOODLUCK DUUUUUDE! ;-)
TVMDouble0h!Sixx

1985 GK GSR
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

cheers guys i really appreciate it,honestly! i guess selling the car and all my toys is worth every penny as long as my kids ok..all that stuff can be replaced.
MY NEW TOY F6310
turbogj260

Post by turbogj260 »

Top work buddy, But as stated Family always comes 1st. Hope she pulls through and hopefully u get what ur asking for in selling all the toys.
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I hope everything works out for you and your daughter.
Having to go to another country to get treatment sounds like it is either very rare, or very serious, or both.

I just want you to know, that I'm thinking of you and your family. And I'm sure plenty of other members of this forum are as well.

Something I have found through this forum are plenty of like minded people, and some who I have met, I would now consider friends as well.

Good luck for your daughters treatment. I wish her all the best.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

mate your sigma is by far one of my favourite siggys. youve done a great job on the car and it looks amazing. you should be real proud of yourself. i hope everything works out well for you and your daughter.
GLANT

Post by GLANT »

Wishing your daughter the best of luck!
1972 GA GALANT/COLT, with a VR4 4G63T 151kw atw :-)
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Sorry to hear mate, would have loved to see it in the flesh one day.

Good luck with everything
TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by TUFSIG »

hope only the best for ya mate
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

thanks again guys it really means alot especially coming fro people i havnt met yet,hopefully one day!
family does come first..today i said goodbye to my wife and kids :(
i feel like bloody shit and dont think ill sleep at all ?? my prayers are with them and hope my daughter pulls through it ok.cant wait to join them! :facepalm:
MY NEW TOY F6310
WagonWheel

Post by WagonWheel »

Out of interest, what sort of coin are you going to be chasing for the sig?
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

pm sent...
MY NEW TOY F6310
81GL

Post by 81GL »

Sorry to hear mate... gives ya the sh%$s knowing how cruel life can be.

Thoughts are with you.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
TUFSIG

Post by TUFSIG »

sent ya a pm mate
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

pm sent guys..
ive been getting alot of pm asking me how much i want for the car?? age old question i guess..i will advertise it very soon as is still got some little things i have to sort out first..i will get back to all your pm as soon as i can,ive just been really busy with work and my family commitments.please be patient and i will not F#$ people around,im genuinely selling the car and apologise for any delay! :thumpsup:
thanks again to everyone who has shown interest and concern for my daughter..
MY NEW TOY F6310
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

ISKA8,
coming from a dad that has watched his little princess fight for life from the very start, I just want to send you all the best and with the attitude you've displayed on this forum, your family has every chance.

Good luck mate...
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

thank you very much mate,its been a hell of a journey and i cant wait til its all over and she is back at home in good health..cheers
MY NEW TOY F6310