Hey, V8 Lexus Galant Build, Hope You Like

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
speedster694

Re: Hey, V8 Lexus Galant Build, Hope You Like

Post by speedster694 »

Hey again, Project has come to a bit of a standstill as i recently got d.i.c'd. i have pulled engine out to do water pump, tensioner pulley ,idler pulley and cam belt. any one got ideas for a diff that will handle it and not be a mongrel to fit?? oh and i had to drop the strut out and the two steel rods that go from the arm things that the shocks are attached to (dunno what all that is called) and found that a lot of the rubber bushes are perished and need replacing. hopefully i can get new ones still. ill put some more picts up soon.
Dont just bend the rules, rule the bends...fun aint in a straight line..
79 Galant GQ
Image Image
nigie

Post by nigie »

hello...ive had some experience in putting a v8 in a galant ..u can pm me with any questions...have 2 read up on how 2 post pics here
ted

Post by ted »

You have well and truly inspired me! ive got my 1UZ and c4 auto, i'm picking my gc up next week and ive just purchased two gt2852 turbos!!! hahahaha
should be an absolute animal!!
speedster694

Post by speedster694 »

Wicked, glad to see people interested in the swap. hope to see some of your pics up here soon. quick update. got mates big fcuk off torque wrench to crack crank bolt so i can change water pump and bearings(70kg and a 22mm spanner with a screwdriver on fly wheel don't cut it lol), found that dizzy rotors are cracked on the bolt which seems to be common, have got get new ones of them. the cam belt i got is for a vvit 1uz so have to send that back and get the right one. umm looked at thermostat and decided to get a new one while it was out. If anyone is thinking of this kind of conversion be prepared to go over your anticipated budget,its not just the obvious things that need to be replaced, as you dig deeper and deeper you WILL find more and more things to replace, they may be fine at the time, but your conscience will get the better of you and you will decide to replace them (as with me). So be prepared and don't get half way into it and decide its going to cost to much or its going to be to difficult. Think of the end product because that's what you wanted when you started it.
cheers Boys.
Dont just bend the rules, rule the bends...fun aint in a straight line..
79 Galant GQ
Image Image
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

moved to the correct section
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Doesnt look like you have a great deal of room for the Exhaust with the Steering box there.
Is it going to work?

Great that no modifications needed to the Sump,
and that the gear stick matches straight upto the hole.

Would the W58 Gearstick be in a different position than the W55??

Are you going to run your brakes without the Booster? Or fit a remote mounted unit?
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

DanTurboLancer wrote:Doesnt look like you have a great deal of room for the Exhaust with the Steering box there.
Is it going to work?

Great that no modifications needed to the Sump,
and that the gear stick matches straight upto the hole.

Would the W58 Gearstick be in a different position than the W55??

Are you going to run your brakes without the Booster? Or fit a remote mounted unit?
There should be a heap of room for the exhuast as with the sigmas the steering box is bolted to the otherside of the chassis rail thus creating an extra 150mm of room. worse case scenario just reverse the headers and run the pipe forward and then around the crossmember all too easy. Shold be easy in a sigma body compared to a Galant body (well GA-GD anyway).

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
ted

Post by ted »

Yeah im just goin to get rid of the steering box all together and go rack and pinion! should be enough room for a 3 inch hahahahaha
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

ted wrote:Yeah im just goin to get rid of the steering box all together and go rack and pinion! should be enough room for a 3 inch hahahahaha
Be careful with acumen and watch for bumpsteer. have a read of front end geometry and select your rack carefully. If needing to weld or cut the column you wil need it xrayed to pass engineering. apart from that you should romp it in. Good luck the 1u's are a bloody nice smooth motor.

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

speedster694 wrote:got mates big # torque wrench to crack crank bolt so i can change water pump and bearings(70kg and a 22mm spanner with a screwdriver on fly wheel don't cut it lol)
I hope you arent going to use your mates expensive Torque Wrench to Undo the bolt...?
Big Breaker bar or 3/4" Rattle gun?
speedster694 wrote: If anyone is thinking of this kind of conversion be prepared to go over your anticipated budget,its not just the obvious things that need to be replaced, as you dig deeper and deeper you WILL find more and more things to replace, they may be fine at the time, but your conscience will get the better of you and you will decide to replace them (as with me). So be prepared and don't get half way into it and decide its going to cost to much or its going to be to difficult. Think of the end product because that's what you wanted when you started it.
cheers Boys.
Haha yeah dont they all :thumpsup: