The GK Turbo....

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
GB_BB4C

Re: The GK Turbo....

Post by GB_BB4C »

TUFSIG wrote:that looks great mate
was it much trouble getting those seats and rear seats in ?
Nah, was preytt easy as the front seat's bolted straight onto the rail's. The back seat back just had to make something for it to hang off and couple of tek-screws hold it down the bottom, and the back seat base just had to make a bracket to where the seat usually bolt's on to the rail.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by TUFSIG »

im guessing that the interior would have set you back a bit :P
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

The Tommy Makinen Evo seat's, they are about $4000 if and when they come up for sale and it's been a few year's since i've seen any advertised. They came with the car though and look so good in it.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Quick update,... on the weekend i got the brake's all sorted out. With the Scorpion rear end in i have fitted it with new Starion disc's and caliper's overhauled. The front was changed to Starion strut's with new Starion disc's and caliper's overhauled. New steelbraided line's from All Clutch And Brake.
Also found some pix of the new location of the surge tank and pump's. Now no-longer taking up half the boot space.
On another note, got her started tonight as ment to go off for a wheel alignment tomorrow. NOT going to happen, was hoping to have her out for the Mopar Mega Cruise but doesn't look like it anymore. Running rough as. There is either a leak somewhere or need's a re-tune. Something to do tomorrow after work.

GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Well, found that the injector seal's that go into the manifold, two of them were stuffed and were not sealing hence why it was running like crap. $4 later and she ran sweet. Rang up my mate and booked her in for another wheel alignment. Took her for a quick spin around the block the day before she get's an alignment. Brake's fine, clutch fine just need to get used to the hydraulic setup as ya dont get the same feel ya do with a cable, so much easier with the 40% heavier clutch though. Couple of laps up and down the street, sink my foot into the pedal, boost comes on and back to running like crap. Same problem it had before, a vacume leak somewhere. Pop the bonnet look at the injector seal's, all fine. Can hear a slight whistling noise though, feeling around the hoses to see if one of them has split. Nope all it was was one of the small 3mm vac hoses has blown off the back of the plenum, plug her back in and wait for the comp to sort it's shit out and go for a few more laps and put her away for the night.
Attempt 2 at going for an alignment - FAIL. Half way to the wheel alignment place and the car not running right, pull over and have a look, couldn't see anything obvious. Made dad go home and get some tools and stuff as i had him follow me incase something like this happened, put her up on stand's to have a look under her (on the side of the road), just out of curiosity dad ask's if the diff is hot, i check and yep she's hot. Dad curiously ask's have i got oil in her. I presume so, i just pulled it out of one car and straight into the other. Anywho long story short after pumping a litre and a bit into her she's back up and running, but by now i have missed my booking. Have rescheduled her, so let's see how the she goe's 3rd time around.
A few thing's to fix though like the gearbox tailshaft yoke is also leaking, no obvious sign of a grove in it, but must be slightly worn down too far to not seal. A few of the light's aren't working, and just a few little tidy up jobs. Will have to take some pix soon to, once i give her a wash.

TUFSIG

Post by TUFSIG »

dude its almost scary how much stuff we are dointg the same wand what stage we are in the build lol
i just mounted my fuel pump and installed my surge tank in the boot too lol now i just have to do the battery
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

It is weird how we are doing simular thing's to the car's yet they are still very different to one another.
There is still a long way to me finishing her off. Still got a lot of little thing to do on her, and some major thing's that im keeping under wraps till i have it done. Another 3months and she might almost be done, but probably not. She sat there for so long i forgot how much fun she was to drive. Once i finally get a wheel alignment on her and the weather is clear ill get some happy snap's of her, and give her a run out at Mallala MotorSport Park.

GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Well attempt 3 at a wheel alignment was a fail once again. I did however manage to make it to the place this time. We couldn't get enough adjustment out of the tierod ends, bought her back home and did some slight mod's to some component's and she'll be back there tomorrow. A few tweak's in the ecu and should be all good to take for a drive. Still alot of touching up to do on her though. Hope to take some pix of her this weekend.

81GH

Post by 81GH »

looks rad man :)
85GK GSR - EFI Camn

85AB GSR VR4dia- Build
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Good to hear someone else calling their car a Girl "She" instead of "it"...

Hey stuff happens man, take your time and do things as they appear and it will happen eventually,

All the best, you will be happy when done :thumpsup:
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Well attempt 4 went rather well. All aligned now, just need to reposition the steering wheel. Still run's a bit rough every now and then, hooked the laptop up and the air sensor isn't working properly. Still have little stuff to sort out on her though.
DanTurboLancer wrote:Good to hear someone else calling their car a Girl "She" instead of "it"...
As for calling her a 'she', kind of goes with the territory as some time she can be a complete bitch. Just wouldn't be right if i called her an 'it' or 'he'.
81GH wrote:looks rad man :)
Cheers heaps, Can't wait to give her a clean and take some happy snap's.

On another note, the PWS has shat itself.... again. #3cyl - 25psi on a compression test, was wondering why it was running on 3cyl, still went good though.

Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

So after u finish the GK Turbs u goin to start a new project on the PWS???
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
oh and fuel injected turbo
TUFSIG

Post by TUFSIG »

cars never get finished lol there is always more you can do :P
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Well, so much for having a running car..... Back to driving mom's Pulsar again. Comp is being sent back for inspection/repairs. Don't smell too good in there. I'm either up for a couple hundred for repair's or $1200 for a new comp. Not happy.
Undies91 wrote:So after u finish the GK Turbs u goin to start a new project on the PWS???
Nope, reco bottom end going in the PWS (395000km on the clock and the bottom end aint been touched, it was only a matter of time before it went) so i can use it as my daily again. To be a project at a later date. Have a VK Valiant to fix rust in and paint, then a GB Galant to get back on the road before i even think about restoring the PWS.
TUFSIG wrote:cars never get finished lol there is always more you can do :P
So true, just when you have finished the list of stuff you wanted to change on the car, like magic another one appears and it all start's over again.

slo

Post by slo »

how far off you got left till its on the road??
hanging to see it
88 TN Magna |Manual|Dumped|17s|Kit|Tricked out 2.6|
96 TE Magna |Manua|Dumped|18s|Kit|Retrimed seats|Worked 3.5 to come|
02 TJ Magna |TipAuto|Vrx|
85 n12 ET pulsar |Dumped|Kit|missing motor|
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

slo wrote:how far off you got left till its on the road??
hanging to see it
As soon as i get the computer issue sorted out it will be out and about. Been holding off on making a cruise till i have something up and running. No Turbo and no GH, just wouldn't be right hosting a cruise and turning up in a Pulsar. Was out on the road for about a week though before the comp issues. Will let ya know as soon as i know something.

Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

most probably be comin up r way saturday coz ill be bored outta my brain otherwise
ill pop in and take a looksy if thats ok :P
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
oh and fuel injected turbo
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Undies91 wrote:most probably be comin up r way saturday coz ill be bored outta my brain otherwise
ill pop in and take a looksy if thats ok :P
All good. Will be home.... most likely taking the motor out of the GH.

GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Well there is good news, and more good news and some Very Good News.
The PWS is retired hurt and going into hibernation till i can be bothered restoring it.
I have picked up a Satria GTi for my new daily driver.
The turbo is back after having a full re-tune, 170Kw @10psi ATW.

slo

Post by slo »

woo hoo finally nice output too, where abouts did you go for the tune or did you tune it your self??
interesting new car.... mod planed for that???
88 TN Magna |Manual|Dumped|17s|Kit|Tricked out 2.6|
96 TE Magna |Manua|Dumped|18s|Kit|Retrimed seats|Worked 3.5 to come|
02 TJ Magna |TipAuto|Vrx|
85 n12 ET pulsar |Dumped|Kit|missing motor|
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Fours N More did the tuning on the car, they have done it since the first tune. They are the people to go to if you have a Microtech computer.

No plan's for the new car, It's my daily and is ment to stay that way.

GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Well, the car is getting a few things tidied up on it at the moment. Getting it ready to go into a car show, Extreme Horsepower 30/31 of October as part of the SMASA (Street Machine Association of South Australia) display. Found a few things that i am not happy with, bent rear bumper. No wonder the mounting bolt was in crooked and didnt quite line up correctly on the body. I am replacing it anyway so not quite fussed with it at the moment. Fixed up the paint in the boot gutter and replaced the clips holding the rear window garnish on as a couple of them were broken. Finally painted the grill black, looks alot better now. Put the front GSR spoiler on. Painted the bumper and side bump stripes black and replaced the chrome strip. Have a set of rear lights that are tinted but the tint was coming off so quick rub down and re-tinted them (they are for show only).

Things still to do: re-paint around the frames for the windows on the doors and B-pillar, re-assemble bumpers and put back on the car, re-paint intercooler piping, re-paint front and rear window garnishes, put the grill back on, properly mount the GSR front spoiler, give the car a good clean and polish, and probably a whole list of shit i havnt thought of yet.

81GH

Post by 81GH »

hey man, dad went 2 that horsepower show. Showed me pics of ur car. Nice work.
85GK GSR - EFI Camn

85AB GSR VR4dia- Build
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

81GH wrote:hey man, dad went 2 that horsepower show. Showed me pics of ur car. Nice work.
Post up the pix please.

81GH

Post by 81GH »

will do when get a chance. Hopefully tomoz or 2nite.
85GK GSR - EFI Camn

85AB GSR VR4dia- Build
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Well, did a few tidyups the weeks before going to Extreme Horsepower show. Got the car all clean and polished up only for it to rain on friday. Get the car down at the showgrounds and give it a quick chamois and polish, clean the windows, change the rear tail lights, remove the numberplates......

Here are a few pix from the weekend.... still more to come....(whenever i get them from people)
This is the display we had for SMASA Street Machine Association of South Australia

84GKSIG
Admin

Post by 84GKSIG »

nice (H)
M.B :thumpsup:
TUFSIG

Post by TUFSIG »

GK has such a tuf stance looks good man
love the peppers
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

Most people were surprise that there was a Sigma at the show. Was funny watching people walk past where we were. Coz we only had the Holden, Ford and my Sigma at our display and seeing the reaction on peoples faces was funny as.
vr4retrofit wrote:Did you take her on the dyno? (the car I mean)
Nah, wish i did though. Would have walked away with a trophy for 4cyl forced induction. Something won it with only 150ish i think and i know i have more.
84GKSIG wrote:nice (H)
M.B :thumpsup:
TUFSIG wrote:GK has such a tuf stance looks good man
love the peppers
Cheers guys. Peppers need another good polish, ran out of time though.

81GH

Post by 81GH »

Here you go man sorry bout delay,
pretty much the same as your pics (minus the gurls)
The Rad seats!

Dad found this in parking lot too.
hmmmm looks familar

Apaprently something made over 560kW on the dyno.
forgot what dad said it was prob rotor or nissan or something
85GK GSR - EFI Camn

85AB GSR VR4dia- Build