Project 71

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.

Should Project 71 go ahead?

Yes, with some effort and money it will be sweet!
83%
No, Sell it to me
10%
No, Give it to me
3%
No, Waste of time and Money
3%

Total votes: 30

CyberIDentity

Re: Project 71

Post by CyberIDentity »

Pre Amble: Wheelnut – I tried to email you but it bounces :(

HI All,

A long time ago I started this project, since the forum change over and possibly due to being inactive on the forums my Project71 account no longer exists.

The status of this project is current to the last post I made, I am now looking to sell this Galant and over the coming week I will post a thread in the Sales section listing parts that go along with the car to get an idea of interest.

Thanks
Project71
Project71 wrote:Hi All,

I am 34 Years old not unfamiliar with cars but not very knowledgeable on the topic of cars, engines etc

This is my first post here, I am glad to be here.

This thread is about a 1971 “Galloping Ant” GA Galant (Sedan) last registered in 2003 and currently Driveable with 2 spots of rust on the lower front quarter panels that I am currently trying to decide if I will

1. Sell the car (Which has spares as well Engine block, Gearbox and boxes of parts)
2. Restore the car for Sunday drives, minimal works done
3. Restore the car with Lots of chrome and fit newer model Brakes and engine etc (which I am assured can be done with little to no changes?) and head to the summer-nats

I am curious what you folk all think as I would like to get an objective and realistic opinion of the reality of retro fitting this old car with a newer twin cam engine (Turbo?)

When time allows I will post pictures of the car, if I decide to commence with “Project 71” (which will depend a lot on the feedback I receive here) I will use this thread as the projects page. Project 71 is a mixed effort of occupying my mind and learning more about engines as to be more competent with vehicle repairs.

I hope to receive a lot of response negative or positive posted in a constructive way.

Thanks

Project 71
yno26galant

Post by yno26galant »

How much brother
CyberIDentity

Post by CyberIDentity »

what would you offer? I am open to reasonable offers.

I am still getting a compelte list of spares together, I have another gear box, Galant engine (complete but in pieces), Sigma 2.0 motor (complete in pieces) and a cut and shut EFI mod for the Sigma engine + lots more parts. I really want to offload all of the project in one go.

I dont think I can accept PM's yet, but ill post an email here if the forum mods dont mind - its one i use for gumtree :)

fishtankscc@outlook.com
Benno86

Post by Benno86 »

is this still for sale?
CyberIDentity

Post by CyberIDentity »

Yes Mate, email me at above email address.