fixing my galant

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
galantman1976

fixing my galant

Post by galantman1976 »

this is how she looked after i found the back end of a taxi one night in adelaide in 2006

in 2008 i thought i should start fixing her. so i stripped the front end of panels and assessed the damage.

i found that i had bent the headlight mounting and twisted the end of the radiator support slightly. i was able to fix the radiator support with a hammer and a block of wood and the headlight mount was bent back into place with multiple pairs of pliers and a hammer.

then i needed to get a guard for the RHS. i went to u pul it and found one for $40, then went home to strip it back to bare metal and respray it. there was a little bit of rust in the bottom corner andnot having a welder i just bogged it.

this is how it was looking last week. then i read about the SA cruze and thought i should get it ready for that. so i finished painting the guard got a boot latch and indicator stalk, then put it all back together. and here it is.

i still need to get a bonnet and grille then it will look how i want it to.
GD wagon. Just want to clean it up a bit.
S12 gazelle. Drift car. Needs drivetrain then good to go. :-)
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: fixing my galant

Post by 81GL »

Not too bad, looks like you were lucky damage wise too - just shy of the radiator support.

Hmm... are you park lights connected?

Nick.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
galantman1976

Post by galantman1976 »

81GL wrote:Not too bad, looks like you were lucky damage wise too - just shy of the radiator support.

Hmm... are you park lights connected?

Nick.
81GL wrote: Hmm... are you park lights connected?
yeah the parkers are connected but i dont know why they arent working. i'll have to take them out to have a look on the weekend.
GD wagon. Just want to clean it up a bit.
S12 gazelle. Drift car. Needs drivetrain then good to go. :-)
galantman1976

Post by galantman1976 »

went to u pull it today cause i needed a LHF tie rod. i walked in and around for a bit, couldn't find a galant anywhere, so i went for another round and found a gc wagon, i was so stoked. then realised it had a tacho dash, rear sway bar, door key barrels that i could use my keys in and door belt moulds that were in pretty good nick. so i got the tie rod, and the rest of the stuffand left u pull it with the biggest grin on my face. yay yay.

i'll put some pics up when i do some work

cheers
galantman1976