74 LA lancer 2.6 build

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

74 LA lancer 2.6 build

Post by astronturbo77 »

This is a new build thread for my chrysler lancer. Ive had the car since i was about 16, its been through lots of different phases.
I'm building the car to be a amateur race car to do track days and motorkhana's.

Its a 2.6 astron with a 5sp, welded galant wagon diff, scorpion front struts, coil over kit, camber tops, camira strut inserts, Ba falcon discs and calipers, scorpion wheel bearings, xa falcon hubs and 1/2 inch wheel studs.
Interior is stripped and have a pair of race seats fitted, batter in the boot, dash mounted kill switch ect.

I have recently stripped the engine bay and seem welded most of it, then repainted it, in the near future im going to give the astron a freshen up, new cam, and some side draft weber carbies.

I'm currently working on the rear suspension, Ive fitted some galant leaf packs with a inverted leaf. new bushes etc. Currently having my axles re drilled for 5x114.3 pcd to match the front, new brake shoes and wheel cylinders, and will be trying to find a set of short stroke shocks to suit.

I'm limited to having 16 inch wheels minimum to clear the front brakes so I have a pair of ssr mesh 16x8.5 wheels to suit the front, long story short, I've been looking for another pair for years with no luck at all, very hard to come by in 5 stud and 16 inch, so to keep things moving along I have purchased a pair of rota grid classics 16x8 0 offset in 4 stud that ill be using on the front once they come back from being re drilled.

Once i get these back and my extra long wheel studs arrive ill hopefully get a chance to get it back on the ground to dummy up the ride height and sort out any rear guard clearance issues.

Here are some recent pics
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
mstrrab1992

Re: 74 LA lancer 2.6 build

Post by mstrrab1992 »

any update??
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
stealth

Post by stealth »

Love that color
Keep the pics coming
Cheers stealth
Engineering the unfair advantage !
Red bull , fuelling the fastest race cars on earth !
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Ah, the build starts up again.
This has changed direction a little if I'm not mistaken?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

You have a good eye david, yep build has taken a step in another direction
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.