hello i'm new and i wanna build my sigma(help)

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
thesycio0

hello i'm new and i wanna build my sigma(help)

Post by thesycio0 »

hi i bought this car about some days ago, from the looks of it i would say i have some work 2 do
but what i need help with is..... i wanna know what model,make car it is i love galant but i never saw one like this, i'm thinking this ones really old model
and i wanna know if i can get it 2 look really cool if you know what i mean, you can post pics of model like mine that looks gr8 so i can get an idea of what i'm building
tanx
geezer101

Re: hello i'm new and i wanna build my sigma(help)

Post by geezer101 »

Hi thesycio0, welcome to sigma-galant. Identifying your car shouldn't be too hard - there will be a manufacturers' plate on the firewall above/behind the engine with the model code stamped on it (unless it has been removed...) Once you figure out how to post up some pics of your car we can definitely give you information on what it is.
thesycio0

Post by thesycio0 »

ImageImage
thesycio0

Post by thesycio0 »

Don't know if you can recognize from these but that's all I've got I'm not home but will post lots o pics weekend so if you notice what model ect this is it would be really gr8
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

That is a GE Sigma built between 1977-80. If you can locate the engine number on the exhaust side of the engine block, the first few letters and numbers will identify what type of engine is in it (4G3*/4G5*) the asterisk will be the number that tells you what the engine capacity is. See if you can take a good picture of the engine too if you're not 100% sure. :thumpsup:
thesycio0

Post by thesycio0 »

I think its a 4g32 its carb by the way .....2000cc :)
.... Weekend I'll get lots more pics
thesycio0

Post by thesycio0 »

I doing some research on the engine but I can't find a 4g32 engine with 2000cc the previous owner said its that BuT I will have to check weekend
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

The 4G32 is a 1.6 litre engine. If it has an alloy timing cover it will be either a 4G3* or a 4G5* engine (early Saturn or Astron)
thesycio0

Post by thesycio0 »

OK I found out the model it's a he sigma 77 but I did not find out the engine model I posted these pics if you notice it you let me know, took it for a spin last night as well car was driving horrible, the accelerator cable stuck I think in the car was racing of mad I just got tired an turn off the car and I'll sought that problem out Next weekend along with song suspension work, I think the clutch needs to change 2
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

The engine looks like it's a 4G63 / G63B 2 litre. It also looks like it's running the Hitachi carby - we got the Mikuni style carby. There's no anti-pollution garbage hanging off it either (HOORAY!). Bin the Hitachi carby and see if you can find a 32/63 Weber carby, they are a popular performance upgrade that work well on these engines when they are set up and tuned right (they require an adapter plate but ebay will provide!). The Hitachi has a pump plunger in them that are prone to leaking fuel when they get old - next thing you know you will be reaching for a fire extinguisher (it sort of looks like this car has already had an engine bay fire, is that right?) And that carby has been messed with anyway and isn't complete. Let us know how things progress with getting it to run right. :thumpsup:
thesycio0

Post by thesycio0 »

Yea the engine bay looks really messy an idk if that had happens I hpe not ...so would you think it's safe to drive around with that carb and i'll look into the Webber carb jus after I finish with my suspension
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

thesycio0 wrote:Yea the engine bay looks really messy an idk if that had happens I hpe not ...so would you think it's safe to drive around with that carb and i'll look into the Webber carb jus after I finish with my suspension
With the carby jamming open throttle I would be saying no, it isn't safe. If you have to drive with this carby until you can get a replacement, see if you can get some screws to hold down the fuel bowl cover (the 2 that are missing next to the fuel inlet) and figure out why the throttle linkage isn't pulling shut with your foot off the pedal (maybe the return spring is weak, not set up properly, something is fouling it so it won't pull the throttle back up etc). Keep an eye for fuel leaks around the top of the carby too. Would be a shame if your car ended up as a wreck - or worse.
thesycio0

Post by thesycio0 »

I'll definately take a look at the carb this weekend BTW a guy in my country is selling a mukini carb for $2000 that's like $1us - $6tt my country here' s a look http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/vie ... 6#p8193626
I wanna know if it's a good buy
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

They are set up for use on a 4G32 Saturn engine so unfortunately they are not going to work on the 4G63/G63B engine. Be warned that this style of intake is hard to keep in tune and is not very road friendly to drive with (they require engine modifications to optimise performance and will use a lot more fuel).
thesycio0

Post by thesycio0 »

OK thanks guess I'll have to look for the Webber
thesycio0

Post by thesycio0 »

This week I done few stuff took a look at the suspension like I need to replace some parts bushing, spring, shocks was dead and the spring support was in a mess too that's the rear didn't do a lot of looking in the front so I'll jus save up now and buy those parts.... I did some work on the carb not really knw a lot about carbs but I was reading about adjustment screws on the carb so I went on adjusting the car could not start at all then after a few it began to come through, the high rev on the idle problem was no more to so I started some interior work pulled out the parts, got a carpet of another converted it, well still converting as time was running out had work 4 3am in the morn so ihalt that project and I got a set of of old rims that I sanded and painted and I put then on 2 rock 4 the while Image

geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

It's coming together nicely. Unfortunately a lot of guys mess with the adjusting screws on carbies not knowing what they do, and it ends with the engine running like a pig. I would go over the whole carby and tighten the (remaining) screws on the bowl cover and check the mounting bolts that hold it down onto the manifold just to be sure. Keep up the good work :thumpsup:
thesycio0

Post by thesycio0 »

Hey do you know where I can get parts for this car on the internet been looking a while now and unsuccessful I can get mechanical part here but body parts are had to get
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Look up skap on the site here. There seems to be an unusual amount of old/new stock in the Philippines and he has gotten his hands on some hard to get parts. http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 81#p113181
thesycio0

Post by thesycio0 »

Update coming up in a bit sorry for the delay
thesycio0

Post by thesycio0 »

ImageImageImage

Well since parts are kinda hard to get here I've decided to use body filler and straightened the body this is my progress so far :)
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Keep at it, this is the annoying part of repairing a shell - getting the panels filled and smooth. Finding rust around the windscreen frame is no fun either, but unfortunately is common in Sigmas.
d3v147

Post by d3v147 »

I too will vouch for the shitness of the rust around the windscreen.