my lb lancer hatch racecar build

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
jasonlblancer

my lb lancer hatch racecar build

Post by jasonlblancer »

Hi all about 12 months ago i was donated this lb lancer hatch from a friends dad who has a long history in building engines and race cars as a business and hobby. the car has had a full engine build using a 2.6ltr engine with a magna high port head and a large cam. im unsure of exact specs but it is new never started and was informed it will make good power. it was given to complete and race in the morgan park sprints. so it had when i got it a cam spec cage and the built engine and gearbox. the rest was up to me. i have built quite a few cars in the past from scratch myself so i was up for a challenge.
See photos for work so far.
jasonlblancer

Re: my lb lancer hatch racecar build

Post by jasonlblancer »

got it home and started to strip it down
hand chiselled all the sound deadener out
removed driveline and stripped back paint and rust treated all areas
after alot of prep masked up outside of car for sprayinf interior
after painting interior and rollcage
stripped back and painted dash. im putting aluminium panels in where holes in dash are
nice custom made headers by my mates dad
stripped back the crossmember ive also done the steering box and drag link and painted them in black gloss epoxy
stripped back facory body deadener from inner guards and again rust treated areas
painted inner guards
painted engine bay and installed engine with a set of 45mm mikuni carbs
jasonlblancer

Post by jasonlblancer »

note i spent about a month after work till late cutting rust from the body in various areas and replacing with steel and as little bog as possible. all i can say is these mitsubishi's love to rust. the body is in primer now and i have all the bolt on panels left to prep before painting the exterior of the car. the main focus at the moment is sorting out my suspension in the front i have bought some cusco camber tops suited to a s13 silvia. iam redrilling the strutt to s13 pcd to give me adjustable castor and camber. i have a set of bilstein insert shocks i will be using and making adjustable coils using afco compact 300lb springs for initial setup. i will be using gn lower control arms for added camber also. brakes up front will be r33 4pot calipers i got off a friend and havent sorted a disc as yet. then i will sort out the ignition system and fuel system to hear the engine run and run it in at my mates place on his dyno.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Looks mint dude! Keep up the good work :thumpsup:
N/A ALL THE WAY
scooterdave

Post by scooterdave »

Mate, it looks unreal. Let me know when you get it going I'd love to come and have a look. I haven't caught up with many Lancer owners in Brissy or around the sth east. I would be good to see it in a tarmac sprint. I'm getting lonely at events (LOL) as I'm the only mitsi there, let alone any Lancers

David
jasonlblancer

Post by jasonlblancer »

Got my s13 Cusco tops today and redrilled struts to suit. Also picked up my r33 calipers
jasonlblancer

Post by jasonlblancer »

Thanks for the comments I can't wait to go racing either Dave. Ill be doing practice days at willowbank when its finished before entering Morgan park sprints.
jasonlblancer

Post by jasonlblancer »

Bit more progress.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

How have I not seen this before?
Wow, nice work.

I was almost hoping looking through the pics that you were going to paint the whole thing in the grey. The Blue looks good though :thumpsup:

Make sure you take plenty of pics of the front suspension set up you're building up, I'm curious to see how it all goes together.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
jasonlblancer

Post by jasonlblancer »

Thanks Dave I'm busy putting the rest of the car together next step will be front suspension and
jasonlblancer

Post by jasonlblancer »

Dialed in 4.5° castor and 3.5° neg camber using gn struts, control arms and s13 Cusco camber plates at max castor camber setting. Not a bad start for handling.
jasonlblancer

Post by jasonlblancer »

Brake upgrade dummy fit up. Machined gn sigma hub outer down to accept r33 discs which have been redrilled to 4 stud. I've made a template to hold the r33 calipers haven't gotten around to fabbing it
jasonlblancer

Post by jasonlblancer »

bonnet and valance painted and installed the race seat
jasonlblancer

Post by jasonlblancer »

Not much done on this rig in twelve months finished my front brake adapters installed reconditioned fuel tank with new lines nearly done the wiring and that's about it lol
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

HURRY UP!!!!!!!!

WE WANT TO THIS THIS THING ON THE TRACK DAMMIT!!!!!! :banh: :banh: :banh: :banh:

LOl, nah all good mate.....just glad to see this thing is not just wasting away and ur still progressing with it

Hope all is well and ur out on the track shortly

Also, if yo have pics of your fab work....alot of members will be interested to see how to go about that for their cars to (particlarly the brake upgrade)
Built with pride, Driven in anger
steveracer

Post by steveracer »

nice work mate! You are almost there so time to turn up the boost and get on the track! I have a 2.6 in my Fire Arrow here in the States. I have slacked off and am just starting to finish the fresh engine rebuild job after two years since the last rally. Peer pressure, I will race you to get our cars going again! BTW, does the header clear nicely the idler arm and steering? It doesn't seem to have much space down there.

I will be following your progress...