And so it begins. Lb Hatch

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
jameslikesstuff

And so it begins. Lb Hatch

Post by jameslikesstuff »

Hi all finally getting started on my Little yellow beast. Interior getting started.
as i got it....

cut and polish, brought her up a bit.
jameslikesstuff

Re: And so it begins. Lb Hatch

just got her back after getting seats recovered.

pretty happy with the result, think i will get the same guys to do the door trims
jameslikesstuff

plastic is shot to bits in grill, so will a little help form a hundred pack of cable ties......
jameslikesstuff

cable tie grill fitted, a bit wonky, but not terrible. much better than before.

and the Ring in Volkswagen oil filler cap, that does not fit properly and weeps oil, will need to be replaced... should arrive this week, thanks to dave off this forum :)
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

jameslikesstuff wrote:plastic is shot to bits in grill, so will a little help form a hundred pack of cable ties......

Mix up some araldite - it will fix up your jigsaw puzzle/grille issue (add more of the hardener to give it extra strength). Sand off any glue that has squeezed out of the front and give it a blast of epoxy grey paint and it will look a million (maybe even put some mesh in behind it) :thumpsup:
79_lancer

Post by 79_lancer »

Looks great! Love the seats! :thumpsup:
Good to see an lb hatch..... Not too many of those around
1979 LC lancer ( possibly awaiting big plans )

1979 LC lancer ( other daily )

1968 VE valiant safari wagon ( EOI $1800 ONO )

2007 Nissan pathfinder (daily )

GD Galant, hothouse green ( hopefully finished.... Some time....)
79_lancer

Post by 79_lancer »

Did you get the foam in the seats re done too? Or just the fabric?
1979 LC lancer ( possibly awaiting big plans )

1979 LC lancer ( other daily )

1968 VE valiant safari wagon ( EOI $1800 ONO )

2007 Nissan pathfinder (daily )

GD Galant, hothouse green ( hopefully finished.... Some time....)
jameslikesstuff

they rebuilt some of the foam too, as it was shot
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

Good start to an ol' classic, man. :thumpsup:
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
jameslikesstuff

so as i mentioned in some other posts was driving up sydney road and my clutch cable broke last weekend. i was lucky in the sense that it broke as i took of from a set of lights and i had enough momentum to roll into the nearest servo. puhed it into a park there and called my mate to come get us (the gf and i were on our way to help him move house) i was very lucky it broke where it did as it could have let go on the ringroad or the hume. left it at the servo for the day, and in late afternoon went bac to get it. i was very lucky that the servo id been able to roll into also just happened to have a car trailer for hire as well. my mates car is a tiny little proton jumbuck ute, with very bald, probably unroadwrthy tires. it had been raining all day. the road was slick and the little jumback spun a taking off at the lights even with a slow release of the clutch, with the weight of car and huge car trailer in tow. there is a large (not especially challenging) hill on bell street which is the main, easiest way to get form the servo i was at to where we needed to be.i was pretty worried as there are two sets of light before the hill, one at the base. given i was having trouble getting of the line on the flat with the little jumbuck, i was shit scared of catching the light at the bottom, knowing full well if we didnt get a run up, we would be stuck at the bottom of the hill, in busy traffic, tyres spinning, going nowhere. as it turned out we caught the first light so i started speeding up, and as we were coming up to light at the bottom of the hill, it changed to green, so i booted it (so accelerated at snails pace) and got a bit of momentum up before we hit the hill, dropped back to second just near the peak, and made it. the rest was rather smooth. rolled it off and with help of my mate and the girls got her safely in my mates garage. as you can see by photos i took since, she really does need a new cable.

rescue form servo
almost up the drive
safe.
jameslikesstuff

not the best focus, but removed
bit of a split here, and quite worn, groove worn in the metal
and the bit that went pop. eye clean broken in half.
Sigmoe

Post by Sigmoe »

Hey mate i got some spare clutch cables if you need, In thornbury.
Pete
Scratchbuilt

Post by Scratchbuilt »

These are a neat lil ride , the interior is very cool in a American muscle car kind of way and the car has a great wedge shape.

I recently bought one of these, the driveline is completely missing (no front or rear ends, motor etc) and the body is battered yet rust free. I bought it solely for the doors, and side glass infact I cut both sides out of the wreck to transplant into a 4 door valiant sedan. Heck its still Chrysler.
Not like 2 doors coupes are getting any cheaper. I like building cars the factory never did, call them concept customs.

Anyway have fun with yours it looks like a pearler you've done well with it.
jasonlblancer

Post by jasonlblancer »

^^ you dont happen to live out past toowomba
jameslikesstuff

Na mate in down in Melbourne. Yeah its a nice little beast, one i get the clutch cable proper sorted again it will be nice. one I've finished the re do on my interior there will be a lot more black vinyl, Ive find an interior on a roadrunner online and that's what I'm going to base my interior on, kind of a smaller version. The door Tetons will have a bit of fake wood grain and chrome in keeping with the concept.