My 79/80 GH SCORPION PROJECT..PROGRESS SO FAR!!

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
GHBABY

My 79/80 GH SCORPION PROJECT..PROGRESS SO FAR!!

Post by GHBABY »

Hey all..here are progress photos of my $400 rescued GH scorpion..
Had it almost 3 weeks..Hubby has been going mad on the bodywork, in prep for a new paint job..
I will be customizing the interior & upholstering as much as i can myself..in the colors of charcoal/black
I have an awesome vision for this baby...OLD SKOOL CLASS!!
This car will look amazing when we are done...we are constantly tinkering with it..lol
Photo of the rims i will be putting on it to give it a bit of a muscle car look..i will be getting them in a couple of weeks..
So much to do, so wish us luck!!
Here are photos of when i got it & what it looked like , till now..
Any info about it would be good...like what are the option codes??
Thanks
Kristy

geezer101

Re: My 79/80 GH SCORPION PROJECT..PROGRESS SO FAR!!

Post by geezer101 »

Yeah, your Scorpion has been unloved for a long time. And that is one savage split in the dash pad too :( Normally they shrink on the ends and pull out of shape around the glove box. If you're game you can cut the damaged section out of it and fill it with expanding foam, cut it back into shape and recover the whole thing. The engine looks like its had the downdraft Weber carby conversion done to it (lotta guys use these as they have a higher air volume flow over the factory Mikuni/Solex carby). And the Chrysler script in the centre console looks different - I don't ever recall seeing one myself. But it does look cool (H) Other than the poor condition you found it in and the possible Weber conversion it looks to be a mostly original car.
jvflash

Post by jvflash »

Great job so far Kristy :thumpsup:
Have you tried one of the wheels on the Scorp yet? Not all 14" 114.3 fit as they foul the brake calliper.
Much faster progress than my long suffering GH, keep it up.
JBSTAZ

Post by JBSTAZ »

geezer101 wrote:Yeah, your Scorpion has been unloved for a long time. And that is one savage split in the dash pad too :( Normally they shrink on the ends and pull out of shape around the glove box. If you're game you can cut the damaged section out of it and fill it with expanding foam, cut it back into shape and recover the whole thing. The engine looks like its had the downdraft Weber carby conversion done to it (lotta guys use these as they have a higher air volume flow over the factory Mikuni/Solex carby). And the Chrysler script in the centre console looks different - I don't ever recall seeing one myself. But it does look cool (H) Other than the poor condition you found it in and the possible Weber conversion it looks to be a mostly original car.
There are firms that will remove the dash and recover it and reinstall if needed.
theozsnowman

Post by theozsnowman »

any companies that you know that will do this with a Scorpion Dash as i have not found one that would touch them after a year of research...
My 1980 GH Scorpion Restoration Project - The Oz Snowmans Scorpion - Meet B1 and B2 - The Grey Ghost
ozdusterdave

Post by ozdusterdave »

Try Dash Original at Holden Hill,SA..Ziggy and Bruce would be able to help you i reckon. :thumpsup:
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

ozdusterdave wrote:Try Dash Original at Holden Hill,SA..Ziggy and Bruce would be able to help you i reckon. :thumpsup:
I've seen how they do it and I doubt they could do the Scorpion. The way they do it is a vacuum formed shell they slip over the original existing dash pad. :\