My Galant

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
turksgc

My Galant

Post by turksgc »

Hey guys. I bought my Galant around a year ago, I knew nothing about the car in fact I don't think I had ever seen one before. Im a spraypainter from Sydney. I just finished my trade around the same time I bought the car and thought id put my trade to good use and try restore a car for myself. ive done some small things to it but nothing to major. Have been looking through this site for a while and thought its about time I show all you guys my car. I threw a quick video together and put it on my youtube if you guys want to have a look at the progress ive made cheers

http://youtu.be/mkOxdsPMj5o
75wagon
Admin

Re: My Galant

Post by 75wagon »

Nice work turksgc.

And here I was thinking I was the only one in Oz with a GT grille :/

Post some of those pics up, it looks good.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

Wow amazing build man

Where in sydney are you?

YOu should come to the upcoming cruise next weekend :)
turksgc

Post by turksgc »

haha 75 wagon funny you should say that because I was thinking the same thing. im still kinda getting used to it as that was the last thing I did on it.
thanks Jordan I would if my car was in any state to drive its in a bit of a mess at the moment but you never know I might put it all back together and come along for a cruise. im gonna try put some pics up hope it works

Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

man you should still come along just as meet and greet thing :)... hell i need a driver for my galant as im suspended your welcome to be my driver :P
turksgc

Post by turksgc »

haha next time man got heaps of shit on the next couple of weeks birthdays weddings all the good stuff. suspended? that sucks dw cops enjoy my car also man
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

haha yer suspended when i was driving i was getting pulled over weekly Lol what part of sydney you from ?
turksgc

Post by turksgc »

Im from the Hornsby area man
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

turksgc wrote:haha 75 wagon funny you should say that because I was thinking the same thing. im still kinda getting used to it as that was the last thing I did on it.
You had to unpick the headlight buckets and move them in 50mm closer together didn't you?
Yes I have one of those grills, but it's sitting in the roof of my garage, not on my car.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
turksgc

Post by turksgc »

Yeh pretty much man played around with little,the car itself isn't exactly straight so yeh just drilled out spot welds clamped it up fit everything up lined everything up as best i could then spot welded it back on.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

75wagon wrote:
turksgc wrote:haha 75 wagon funny you should say that because I was thinking the same thing. im still kinda getting used to it as that was the last thing I did on it.
You had to unpick the headlight buckets and move them in 50mm closer together didn't you?
Yes I have one of those grills, but it's sitting in the roof of my garage, not on my car.

Dave...
I'm having a similar issue fitting a colt grille to my gb. But my buckets are bolt in style, so to move them, I would have to remove the existing nut and hole, and place it all further in. Something I'm not doing shiny side of a respray :P luckily it's only about half an inch difference
N/A ALL THE WAY
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

you wanna come paint my car :P gunna start respray soon
turksgc

Post by turksgc »

Haha sure man but u might be waiting a while got a few projects on the go at the moment including my own plus theres are pretty long list.worst thing about my trade is theres always someone you know who wants there car painted and think it can be done in a hour. Ive had my car for a while and work on it any free time i get and its not evan close to being in primer yet.You should give it a go yourself dude...nothing much a good chop and buff can't fix :)
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

youtube video diesnt work anymore......."apparently" was removed by the user?????
Built with pride, Driven in anger
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

Yer i know doesnt take an hour me and my mate resprayed his VS commy and so many night we were in his back yard til like 2am
turksgc

Post by turksgc »

http://youtu.be/k9IphPtmbvY this might work. Yeh Jordan it takes time but the more time u take in the early stages the better it turns out. At the moment im just doing what I can repair wise at home then rolling primer on it. Most people who see me rolling my car in my garage think its weird but its a good way to eliminate moisture getting in the primer cause I don't have an airdryer or water traps in my airline from my compressor at home. so the plan is to roll it all then block it out with something course then primer properly at work block and sand it again then paint it. I work in a busy shop so hard to get a space for the car there.
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

yer i wanna get mine in primer already just so its a start and (you probably know this) you should really put a water trap in your line even if its 2 or 3 cheap ones, theres not much i have to repair on mine which is goodjust some rust under tail lights and ding in front guard where i dropped an axle (was so cut)
hengagc75

Post by hengagc75 »

Looking the goods bra
turksgc

Post by turksgc »

so this is where im at

turksgc

Post by turksgc »

turksgc