GC GALANT DRAG CAR

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
drsigma

GC GALANT DRAG CAR

Post by drsigma »

Hey i forgot to mention what i am building at the moment it is a GC GALANT all striped out i have put mini tubs in to fit 8inch slicks under it have to move the leaf springs in shortned a borgwarner diff out of a vs commodore fitted a sheet metal dash at the moment i am fitting a 6 point roll cage no pics yet antill i am finished it is going to be a 2.6l turbo engine like my GJ turbo sigma but this time it is going to have billet conrods and forged pistons magna head as normal but going to be injected just made a steam pipe exhaust manifold t70 turbo and external gate. Will update as soon as i get my ass into gear! Thanks Ps:Tell me what you think?

Last edited by drsigma on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psshhhht

Re: GC GLANT DRAG CAR

Post by psshhhht »

sweet man, that'll be a beast! Was tubbing the rear hard? I'm not sure, but I might end up doing it to my GH drifter
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
drsigma

Re: GC GLANT DRAG CAR

Post by drsigma »

psshhhht wrote:sweet man, that'll be a beast! Was tubbing the rear hard? I'm not sure, but I might end up doing it to my GH drifter
Hey the tubbing part was the easy part and the moving in of the leaf springs is simple all you do is unpick the front leaf spring mounts and swap them from side to side i will take a few pics to show you this galant has been on the back burner for a while now as i have the white GJ turbo and the new addition the Ge sigma and as well 4 geminis 2 rodeo utes and my house got to get back into it soon thoe.
drsigma

Re: GC GALANT DRAG CAR

Post by drsigma »

I am thinking of going ladder bar rear as its going to be a track car only when i bought the car i previously drove past it the last 6 years going to Heathcote park and it was only 2 years ago i went to the Bendigo swapmeet with the car trailer on and bought nothing and on the way back to Colac i saw it in the paddock and went it asked about it, it still had rego and half hour later i took the plates off and it was on my trailer coming home with me $200 i paid they have had it from brand new and it was one of the cleanest galants i have seen tho only bit of rust is under the battery tray.

sigmare

Post by sigmare »

Awesome, looking forward to see it completed. This is almost identical to lpgalants. BRING ON THE 9'S!!
karl_2ltgc

Post by karl_2ltgc »

Nice, what gearbox is it getting?
drsigma

Post by drsigma »

Im not sure atm i was thinking a C4 auto but i am just debating on striping out the white turbo sigma i have and putting the supra 5 speed not sure yet.
sigmare

Post by sigmare »

Must go auto :twisted:
COBWBS

Post by COBWBS »

up dates??
Formerly known as QIKSIG
2.6 Turbo 72 GA Galant on straight LPG
77 Lancer
drsigma

Post by drsigma »

Sorry dude been busy with the sigma. ;)
A112H

Post by A112H »

How is the GE going? I was damn close to bidding on it myself, lol.
Any news on the Galant? You need to ditch the Isuzu crap and put all ya time into the Mitsi's, lol

Cheers
Jason
drsigma

Post by drsigma »

The GE is going great guns pulling out the fuel tank tomorrow so i can paint it this weekend just been busy with other peoples cars for the last 5 weekends :( so not much doing, and as well the bloke that owned the sigma i knew him and he lives 2 blocks away so i let him stew for a bit and bought it for a steal. The galant is going slow just tossing up a few different things atm i have a fully rebuilt commodore v6 should make 160-170 kw atw that i did for my gemini so just deciding weather to put that in the galant. :? As for the ISUZU crap its ok i have 5 of the buggers so i like to have a few different cars from around when i was born 77-78".
TR11KY

Post by TR11KY »

this looks very serious to say the least. You going custom plennum on her i take it?
Factory Sigma Turbo #445 - TR11KY
220rwkw @ 15psi daily driver/project

Factory Sigma Turbo #500
under restoration