'75 GC Galant Sedan

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
OddlyShaded

'75 GC Galant Sedan

Post by OddlyShaded »

Alright, so the king of galant grave digging found yet another car for me... Other than Grumpy Al. So Now I have a 1975 GC Galant which I know nothing about...

This poor rusted piece of junk (affectionately named by friends 'Rusty' but I'm just calling it the 'Beast') came from somewhere on the NSW border about 3 hours from home and King VGJONO took a nice long drive to go get both this and his own new daily. Both now residing on my parents front lawn along with the other 13 cars we now have. 6 of which are Jono's hobby galants.

(Picture taken before the beast arrived... but just to give you a glimpse of how our yard currently looks.... well it's 1 car worse, sorry 'Better' now XD)

The plans at the moment are to strip it down, pressure clean the crap out of it. Gloss the entire care to preserve the 'rust effect'. I believe the father is planning on welding shut the back doors because they're quote un-quote "Useless". & Even though it's as rusty as all hell, it's perfect for what we had in mind. Drag Galant Bitches! Dad is going to drop a Hemi in it (and make "minor" incisions into the firewall so the engine actually fits) and stuff.... Im keen as hell to have my own drag car (well, family project car anyway).

ImageImageImageImage

Galant Farm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Future drag car seat ;P

Booyah...

Oddly
GA '71 Galant
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: '75 GC Galant Sedan

Post by Scorpma82 »

what u planning on doing with all the others?
Built with pride, Driven in anger
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Wagon will be my new daily, sedan will get some love and care + a turbo, hardtop i have no idea now.
A112H

Post by A112H »

I like the wheels.
Does the hardtop still drive? I would be interested in it as a whole if it runs?
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

The hardtop is engine-less at the moment, and its not something i really want to get rid of, but in saying that i dont want to be "That guy" who lets a car rot away for years and years until its too far gone saying "ill make something out of it one day"