Tommy's GB Restoration

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
VGJONO

Re: Tommy's GB Restoration

Post by VGJONO »

Yeah that would be some form of condenser, I havent seen a ballast resistor on the GA/b I have here but my GD sedan runs one. If it's a gt40r is will have "to use with resistor" on the bottom of the sticker If it's a resistor one, I don't think it says anything if it doesnt need one.
ripthesystem

Post by ripthesystem »

awesome thanks mate :)

Will come in handy this afternoon when I swing back into the shit place to replace it.

Actually I think I'll just get my money back, only reason I went there was because they open at 7:30 :P
ripthesystem

Post by ripthesystem »

Went to super cheap auto and they wouldn't refund my dodgy coil so I'm filing a complaint with the accc LOL

Crossed the road to supercheap auto and bought a gt40r, never had a colder coil in my lifetime!

PRAISE THE LORDA :lol:
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

FYI ....

if your car has no ballast resistor, you would use a GT40 coil (not GT40R ... guess what the "R" stands for ?)

There should be a condensor mounted on the distributor. (If your GB has a Bosch dizzy, which they came with ex-factory, I have a dizzy cap & about 4 new condensors to suit it, going cheap. Note that they are different to the Mitsibishi distributors that GA/GC/GD came with - condensors etc don't interchange)

Did you work out what actually caused the problem ? "Leaving the lights on" could not cause that to happen (there is no electrical connection between the lights & the ignition system) ... although leaving the IGNITION on overnight could, even if the coil isn't dodgy
ripthesystem

Post by ripthesystem »

I do have a resister only i didn't know wtf a ballast resister was until i realised its a condenser basically.

Hence why i have the gt40r.

The ignition was not left on, the lights were on parkers and that's it.
I came home to it on the floor so I can't think of what happened other than faulty coil as I tested the wiring and it is all fine.

So I'm putting it down to paranormal activity. :thumpsup: