VGJONO's 76 Hardtop build

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
VGJONO

Re: VGJONO's 76 Hardtop build

Post by VGJONO »

So today was the day that the engine had to be extracted from the old girl

Now its been sitting underneath a car cover for the last 3 months, and ive been thinking to myself and have been tempted with many cars that were cheaper and in better condition, a major one of late was a galant wagon, it just made sense in my head as it would be more practical for what i do, so then i figured, i hadn't seen the underside of the car, i will let the condition of the floor pan decide whether this car stays or goes as in reality any more rust than is visible and it would cost way to much to fix it. so ive been stewing on that the last few days and all morning, and to my surprise after rolling the car into the shed, the floor pan is mint, so decision made i will just stick it out with the external repairs :D

And to make things even better, i walked out, put a battery in it, turned the key and away it went, drove it back up around and into the shed for the extraction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJdQvs9MVTY

Sister doing her part to get the motor out (she would want to help, she is getting the motor for free :P )

Cheers
VGJONO :thumpsup:
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

So this is a thing now

idea is to drop this in so it can be mobile again as my yard is on a hill, ive been asked to store it around the back, which means if i want to work on it i need to get it up to the the top of the hill and back down in front of the house and the shed, then back again when i need to pack it up, which will just be a pain in the ass without it moving under its own steam so this 4G52 will go in temporarily, who knows if it works ok it might get regoed with it and be in use for a while until i sort out the motor i really want to put in it.

Cheers
VGJONO
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Ah :) llgc? :P

Good job mate :thumpsup: no doubt, I'll be around with a hand or two :P
N/A ALL THE WAY
Gormzz

Post by Gormzz »

it is very handy to have a car which is mobile so you can do other things on the car like the bodywork etc.. i'm lucky mine is running good and mobile so i can do exactly that. props to the build and keen to see it in full motion!
Toyota Cressida 77,79'
Mitsubishi Starion Track Car 84'
Mitsubishi Starion Widebody 89'

My projects/cars.
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

things are happening, got this thing to pinch some parts out of, despite its looks on the outside the inside is absolutely MINT!! so seats will go into mine, aswell as the missing glass i need.

llgc

Post by llgc »

When are you going to line them all up for a photo? You must have the biggest collection of galants in SEQ now
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Haha! Until I get em all :P
N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

llgc wrote:When are you going to line them all up for a photo? You must have the biggest collection of galants in SEQ now
probably when i dont have to push over 50% of them :lol:
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Pushed it across the yard and took a terrible photo of it, that counts right?

Will be dropping the engine into it when i get a chance then i will pull the front end off and start attacking rust, thinking i might give the engine bay a quick coat of matte black just to tidy it up.

Cheers
VGJONO :thumpsup: