My MA L200 ute

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
75glnt

Re: My MA L200 ute

Post by 75glnt »

:D I love it!!

It might just do the trick! I shall try in the very near future :)

If my god damn old laptop worked.. I'd do a photoshop of the entire plan.. But it's bloody buggered! And I don't want to pay $140 for one for my new win8 laptop :/ lol..

Thanks DDT :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
ddt

Post by ddt »

75glnt wrote:Thanks DDT
no worries :thumpsup:
by the way, i like that second set of steelies u were looking at, they'll look like little 'rising suns' with centres painted red -it'll go well with ur roof lining idea, i think
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

:lol: didn't see it like that! That's cool :)

I'm still liking the gecko 5 spoke steel rims :) more than the others.. But, I can see myself having a few different sets if rims.. When I get bored, I'll throw one of the others on :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

75glnt wrote:I'll give you "pics or it didn't happen"!! :P

Anyone know what the flange is to suit?

I can find some info about it here:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie- ... -here.html

http://www.lilevo.com/mirage/Cyclone%20 ... yclone.htm (pitty the pics don't work here)

So normally it should fit the head of your GSR engine as it's the non-turbo version of the VR4 Galant. It could be that you can't use it the way it should (the switching of the runners) because the ECU of the GSR might not support it...
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Sorry blue! Must've forgot to post?? :\ lol

I had a look but found no info :think:

Anyway! Update;

Got myself a set of mags! This will be one of many sets I'll run (when I get bored, I'll swap em over :P )

They're 15x7 -14... So they're good enough :)

Got these for the very low price of... Nothing! The joys of being a tyre fitter ;-)

Have a few ideas in mind..
1; file, sand and polish. Bring them back to how they were new.

2; black with a coloured face

Or 3; black with the black bits where the hex keys are coloured?
N/A ALL THE WAY
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

i'd polish the alloy and hex keys, and black out the already black sections.....or maybe even paint the hex keys black
Built with pride, Driven in anger
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Yea but shiney heels on a rough ute?? :wut:

I'll do that to start. And if I don't like em.. I'll paint them black and polish/colour the spoke face :) and maybe the studs
N/A ALL THE WAY
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Been a while for an update... So it's led me to this;

I had bad thoughts the other night, out of nowhere just popped in. "Sell the ute".

Now, I really don't want to! Only because I won't get enough for it. $500 absolute top dollar if I'm lucky, even then it would take forever to sell! No market for em :\

So.. Because I won't sell it, and lost all interest right now to build it, it's getting pushed to the side for a while. But, there's a silver lining! The reason why I lost interest, is because my love for my gb has been rekindled! Now I've got the bug proper to build it! Seeing as this won't take too long... I can finish the galant, register and drive it like I've dreamed of :)

Then the ute can go back onto the board to be built. But I want to do what I wanted to do to start with (before I decided to "be sensible"). And that's to have a ute that will beat my mums and my mates car. So I was looking at 400+rwhp, forged internals and such. But we shall see in 2 years :P

So. This is a hard decision but one I had to make.

Let the fun begin! :\
N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

stuff like this happens sadly, interest is lost in things due to other larger and more exciting things (example my VG valiant that has been sitting in the shed for 4 years), but the good thing is, once you have your GB up and running, the L200 will still be there, the parts will all be there, and your idea could be expanded on, perfected over time and in the end when its time to dust it off and get to work on it, you may have a plan that was 100 times better than your current one (which is hard to top... no pressure :P ) so dont stress, put it aside, and it will wait for its turn, now when do i come over to help with the GB :P
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Thanks :) funny thing is I really don't know why this is so hard? Rather sad :\

But as far as the gb goes.. I may need a hand friday. I will be sorting all my ute stuff and putting it inside it, then getting all my galant stuff out and start sorting :) first up; I need a good battery! And a grinder.

I'll text you tomorrow Jon :)

Thanks again :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

yeah it is sad, not a day goes by and i not think about what i could have if i didnt stop work on my VG (not that i really had a choice) then i think of all the good that has also come of it, which might seem small in comparison to having your baby roadworthy and cruiseable :P but if i wasnt forced into stopping work on my VG i wouldnt have the GD and i wouldnt be on here, and i wouldnt know so many awesome people from here, and the general car scene.

All good, i have an angle grinder here, just need some disc's if you want to use it, may i ask what for??
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Yea but my situation is the opposite to the one you were in.. I'm stopping work on the ute to finish my baby :P

And scrap the grinder idea.. I have a new idea :D expect a text! Lol
N/A ALL THE WAY