My GD sedan is gettin a makepver

Post your build topics here! This is for restorations only.
paully77galant

My GD sedan is gettin a makepver

Post by paully77galant »

First the rings in the original motor started to get a bit smokey, then two rust bubbles popped up in the doors and now i'm partway into a complete makeover for my GD sedan...
bit of a freshen up in the engine bay... with a replacement motor that has some of the 'regular' mods done to it internally, plus MSD kit, new bits everywhere, powdercoated crossmember and control arms, all new poly bushes, all new balljoints and steering components, extractors with a stainless 2" mandrel bent exhaust, electric fuel pump and a jap 5 speed box.
ImageImage
also tidied up the wiring behind the dash and fitted a tacho and a couple of other guages
now i've picked some retro wheels which i'll be refurbishing
At the moment i'm completing welding up the rust repairs, getting a pair of factory downdraught solexs, and prepping the rest of the body for a new paint scheme :D
This is what she used to look like... so stay tuned...
geezer101

Re: My GD sedan is gettin a makepver

Post by geezer101 »

It is looking great! The bay and front end chassis respray has really lifted it up. I am surprised that you haven't headed towards an engine upgrade while you had it in pieces but then again your Saturn engine does look super clean. (H)
paully77galant

Post by paully77galant »

Thanks. this engine choice is only til i complete my long term gemini project( i love all retro jap cars), then once i get that registered and complete i will rebuild the 4G63 thats sitting in the garage for the galant.
i hope to enter the galant in a few tarmac hillclimb events with this configuration then upgrade to the twin cam turbo motor when/if i improve
hengagc75

Post by hengagc75 »

Nice meshies :P
paully77galant

Post by paully77galant »

got barrels back from polishers and have had centers sandblasted, now waiting on powdercoater.
and have decided to ditch the oversized 465 holley 4bbl for a set of twin mikuni solexs (thanks to Dave )
Will be interesting rebuilding these
paully77galant

Post by paully77galant »

I've done quite a bit since the my last post:
*I've completed the engine bay and rebuilt the twin mikunis
*I refurbished my miss-matched wheels and put on new tires
*I painted a two-tone candy respray to hide to rust repairs
*Fitted the new mesh sunvisor
*and theres probably also a whole bunch more which i cant remember at the moment.

Next is to roll the rear guards, fit new carpet, and to get a Cheaterparts adjustable cam gear fitted