New Member from Brisbane

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
scooterdave

New Member from Brisbane

Post by scooterdave »

Hi my name is David and I live in Brissy. In my early youthful years I have had 11 Lancers all up (all LA and mostly Rally cars). After a 20 year gap of driving mostly crap cars with plastic bumpers, I have decided to launch back into the to 70's again. I now have 3 x LB 78 4 door Lancers. One Rally car (1600) and about to get it CAMS logbooked and road registered, another one I am doing up as a daily driver (2.6ltr lead arrow) for my young lad and another complete car (1600 chain driven). Not sure what to do with this one just yet. Although it might be a good donnor car if I stick my rally acr into a bank. I also aquired a swag of doors, panels and parts.

Its great to read all the posts from you guns and feel the enthusiasm in making sure these cracking bits of motoring history stay on the road. You guys put me to shame with the knowledge you all have. Whilst I am not a mechanic, I have build and re-built the odd rally car over the years under my brother guidance. He is still very active on the world curcuit and is helping me as best he can from interstate. But it's difficult at times and I am trying to build up a workshop and tools etc. I am getting there and the bride and all kids love it. The rally car is a hoot and it screams its head off. It can be driven very tamely but will get angry when you want it to be. We all love getting sideways when we can and hope to engage in a few club events in 2013 and perhaps a gravel rally.

As soon as I can work out the IT technology issues, I'll post some pics of my cars.

Cheers
David
Let's keep the dreams alive.
scooterdave

Re: New Member from Brisbane

Post by scooterdave »

I think I worked out the pic thingy

Blue is being done up for road driver

Orange car, I dont know yet
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

looks good mate. dont mind the old school rally cars.
N/A ALL THE WAY
scooterdave

Post by scooterdave »

Thanks mate for your kind words. I see your running a Galant? How is that for you?
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

all good mate. yea, its a gb, soon to be a ga-gb conversion (change the single square lights to the twin rounds). running a fully worked n/a 1600 with a 5sp jap box. heaps of fun! :) looking for a few things for it to finish it
N/A ALL THE WAY
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Fixed your pics so they load up automatic for you :thumpsup:

Looks like you've got a good collection there. The carbon vinyl wrap looks the goods, It's something I've been thinking about for my new project, but I've got so many ideas, just got to actually put them altogether and see which ones survive the cull.

So have you actually run the rally car yet? What sort of events are you running/or plan to run?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

is that a lp goldtop in the background!? :| along with the other dozen guitars
N/A ALL THE WAY
scooterdave

Post by scooterdave »

I will respond to both the two posts.

Mate, thanks a heap for fixing up my pics they look cool. How did you enliven the link to show the pic?
BTW, I have not run the rally car in a gravel rally as yet. Perhaps next year is the plan thus far. What I plan to do in the meanwhile is swap the wheels over to a semislick or road tyre and do a few spints and hill climbs. I know its set up for the dirt but I'll give it a run as a tar baby as well, just for fun. The carbon fiber wrap does look good. I am going to wrap the same bits on the Blue car when its ready. It is being prep'd for a re-spraying at present. I bought the wrap off eBay from a Aussie seller, it cost about $70 with free freight. Its easy to use as long as you start from the middle of the car and work outwards using heaps of vynl lube, dont try it with it. You will need to dilute it down with water and use a pump stray bottle as well as someone to assist. You will also need the proper appllicator as well and a heat gun or hair dryer. This stuff stretches really well and scrink wraps over curved surfaces. It also has micro holes in it to let out the water and air bubbles.

On the other topic of Guitars, No its not a LP. I have about 20 guitars around the place and re-build my own electric guitars and do some repairs for a hobby. The ones I use for playing gigs with are Michael Kelly guitars from the USA. You may be able to see one on the far right.

Talk soon
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

looks good mate