Another "new" old member

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Turbo047

Another "new" old member

Post by Turbo047 »

Here's another one back. I have Sigma turbo 47 which is under restoration AGAIN. Will keep posted on progress.
"Just remember, if you aren't forced induced, then you aren't SH#T"
GH Sigma Turbo no. 047

Leyland P76 V8 (next for resto)
Jaguar XJ8 Sport (british racing green of course)
Land Rover Discovery II V8 (the daily drive)
mr_sikma

Re: Another "new" old member

Post by mr_sikma »

Welcome back mate!

The love for Sigmas never go's away!!!
Looking for a GE or GH Sigma in Adelaide... PM me :)
ghuphill

Post by ghuphill »

allways good to hear another gh turbo getting a second chance ,put up some pics mate ,doesent matter how good or bad it is ,would love to see it ,do you have any specific plans for it? :thumpsup:
Turbo047

Post by Turbo047 »

OK guys need help in posting photos. Is it just a cut and paste thing? (nope tried that, didn't work)
GH Sigma Turbo no. 047

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Your answers are here http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=21

While I'm here though, Welcome back, and I'm dead keen to see pics of your Sig.
What's done to it, and what are you planning to do to it now?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Turbo047

Post by Turbo047 »

Righty ho lets give this a go. If this works you guys should see some picts of my Siggy along with some of the fleet.

Now here's the important bit the donk. It's a 2.6 with a M7 head, stage 2 turbo grind cam, locked dizzy with an MSD boost retard ignition, pre carbie water injection and running 15psi.

Although she looks good in the photo which was only 18 months ago, she is pretty rusty in the arse end and sills and this is what she looks like now.

My plans are just to fix the body, rust and chuck on a nice standard paint job and put it all back together. Then put it on club rego and stick it in a shed. Of course dust it off every month or so and thrash the hell out of it.
GH Sigma Turbo no. 047

ghuphill

Post by ghuphill »

nice one mate ,i had a similar setup on a previous gh turbo ,do you find the water injection effective ?and how does the stromberg cope with it all? :thumpsup:
Turbo047

Post by Turbo047 »

Tell you the truth I've only drive'n about a thousand km with the MSD and water and use the boost retard to dial out the detonation. The Stromberg really doesn't cope that well (read "at all") and i run out of fuel by the end of second gear on max boost. So I can't keep it flat for very long. I had a 2" SU on it that went better but still ran the fuel bowl dry by third gear. It's using a Facet pump at the moment. But when I get it all set up again with the new fuel system and it doesn't work, I'll be asking for ideas. GHuphill did you get your set up to work? Open to ideas.
GH Sigma Turbo no. 047

Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

Turbo047 wrote:The Stromberg really doesn't cope that well (read "at all") and i run out of fuel by the end of second gear on max boost. So I can't keep it flat for very long. I had a 2" SU on it that went better but still ran the fuel bowl dry by third gear. It's using a Facet pump at the moment. But when I get it all set up again with the new fuel system and it doesn't work, I'll be asking for ideas.
From what I understand of CV carbs, when the CV slide reaches the top and can't move any more, this will start to make the mixture richer because added airflow causing more vacuum past the needle-jet and jet-needle, which in turn will suck up more fuel, as long as there is fuel in the fuel bowl.

Something to look at is the fuel float needle and seat. If the Facet fuel pump is capable of the flow, the hole in the seat could possibly be the most restrictive part, along with fuel being able to get past the sides of this needle.

Just a thought.

Cheers.
ghuphill

Post by ghuphill »

my strommy was running exelent for a while ,and had a pierberg electric pump running at about 4 psi,after about 4/6 months started to cough and fart when under boost ,comes down to what superscan was mentioning,but my first gh had a webber with half inch lines and a holley blue ,while it was alot more snappy at the throttle and went alot harder on boost the drivability wasnt as good as the strommy,the webber can also run out of fuel up high so thats another thing to watch out for,back then i was told i wouldnt have that problem coz of the fuel line size ,but dont know if it was right,at the end of the day when you are running these carbs ,i guess its one of those things you got to keep a watch on . :thumpsup: